Thursday, January 24, 2013

My library

I've been blogging with three fabulous women for almost two years and have been enjoying all the fun topics we come up with week after week. If you want to see what we've discussed in the past, check out our posts here.

This week, Mom of Many asks: What do you collect? Why is this a reflection of you?

Before reading ahead, first see what everyone else had to say on this topic:
Froggie
Mom of Many
Moma Rock


**Giveaway is now closed**

This pretty much speaks for itself. If you don't know what a bookaholic I am, then what rock have you been living under all these years?!? Notice how there are two rows of books on some of my shelves. This picture was taken in October (2012) and the collection has expanded since then! And this is even with giving away or loaning out some books! I really don't need to go to the library because my bookshelves are a library already! There are still a lot of books I want to read from several years ago and I hope to make some time for them amongst the books I review.

If you think THIS is insane, you haven't seen my Kindle for PC yet!

Normally, I do book giveaways on Chick Lit Central. Since I don't have any giveaways going on there this week (shocking!), I'm going to give away ONE book (of my choosing...it will be a surprise) to a lucky reader anywhere in the world. I'll pick something based on the winner's interests, once they have been chosen.

How to win:
Read some of the blog posts from the other women in my group and tell me something that struck a chord with you from any of them. (Keep in mind that their posts from this week may be up at different times than mine, as we're all on different schedules, but read their past posts in the meantime and talk about those!)

Please leave your e-mail address or another way to contact you if you win. And if there's a certain genre of books you like, feel free to let me know that too.

Giveaway ends January 30th at midnight EST.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay – Momma Rock got me when she said that her planner helps her measure a year and seeing birthdays of lost loved ones. I have a similar experience each year (December), when I print out my address book, to compile my Christmas card list. It always makes me pause, when I see the names and contact information for the people I’ve lost. I don’t know why, but I just can’t delete them from my address book. I don’t go so far as to address a card to them, but I take a moment to remember each person and what they meant to me.

Allie - you have my e-mail:)

Literary Chanteuse said...

I have to admit I got a little side tracked by Mamarock's info on bad posture (which I have. My singing teachers were always very strict with me about it lol) I like the remebering birthdays as well. I recently saw something on facebook which was: writing down on small pieces of paper good things that have happened through out the year, adding them to a jar. At the end of the year you go through them with your famliy. Thanks so much for the giveaway.

Margaret
singitm(at)hotmail(dot)com

Sara said...

I've always known you to be big into books, but that picture definitely proves it! I'd say that books are wonderful items to collect!

I am Momarock btw- I have to say it's nice to see I'm not the only one reading my blog! :) Thank you ladies!

Jessica said...

I really identified with froggie when she said she is overwhelmed. I am feeling the same way right now. I'm taking a hard class that is taking over my life. I really enjoyed reading everything!

Thanks!
-Jessica M
walkingcorpse11@hotmail.com

Lauren McCormick said...

I enjoyed reading all the blogs and really identified with Forggie (who's my cousin) when she said she's overwhelmed. I'm always overwhelmed! I suffer from fibromyalgia, psoriatic arthritis, and a spinal injury that resulted in severe nerve damage but worst of all separated both arm and shoulder joints. I've limited use of my arms but I push thru the pain as much as I can take so I can crochet, play an online game and keep up with Facebook. Reading allows me to escape in characters lives and forget for a few hours that I'm overwhelmed with my mine!!

Lauren McCormick said...

Oops sorry itzhunicAThotmailDOTcom

Nova said...

Blogs were all so good!
sparkle40175@hotmail.com
I can really relate to Mom of Many and the fact that she loves to collect but hares stuff : I am the same way so I understand what she wrote about.
I have certain things I like to collect but I am always weeding out stuff in my home.

Mrs Mommy Booknerd said...

Mom of Many collects, as do I...charms for my pandora bracelet, owl stuff, books...it goes on and on...oh yeah, nail polish! Yikes, I don't want to admit anymore! Love all the ladies, relate to so much...,

Mrsmommybooknerdsbookreviews at gmail dot com

Book Mama said...

What caught my attention was something that Momarock said. She mentioned how she is friends (on FB) with her ex boyfriends, ex husband, her ex's girlfriends ... etc. I felt like I was reading a piece out of my life. I, too, am friends with ex boyfriends on FB and am friends with my husband's ex wife. I'm not a jealous type. Nor do I feel because someone else had a relationship in the past with my current husband should I dislike them or be jealous. Things didn't work out with them. Actually, shouldn't I appreciate the ex? If she wasn't his ex, I couldn't be his wife now!

Marlene
mengel2(at)nycap(dot)rr(dot)com

Unknown said...

The thing that Moma Rock said about "collecting friends" on Facebook really struck a chord with me. I am friends with a few ex-boyfriends, many acquaintances, and even my childhood best friend, who moved away when I was 14!

bjoneill@hotmail.com

Erica said...

I got sidetracked reading so many of the older blog posts. I enjoyed reading about the role Shabbat plays in your life. I am not observant myself but always appreciate another point of view.

Thank you for the giveaway.

Unknown said...

Mom of Many said that she collects yarn. I don't collect yarn, but I collect a bunch of useless stuff. It's sort of weird actually... When I was really little I used to collect cute erasers. I spent a lot of money on that too, money that I could have used for books. I had erasers of different brands and colors (like her yarn) but I never used them. I kept them in one big box, and just added more.

I like reading fantasy, paranormal, contemporary, anything really. Not so much history though. Thanks for the giveaway (:

animefreak902(at)yahoo(dot)com

Unknown said...

I love your book shelves!
I collect books too, but I would never be able to part with them. They are very precious to me. ;)

Moma Rock's post struck me the most. I love how she says life is too short too hold a grudge. I have most of my ex-boyfriends in my list as well, they were important to me once and I would still like to see how they are doing. People come into your life for a reason, some only for a little while, some forever. Facebook gives you a way of preserving that purpose in your life, by being reminded of them or keeping in touch. I love it.

Nienke (SilverFeline)

susieqlaw said...

I love how do you measure a season of love. Why? because I was just reminded of it yesterday...the joyous, happy sound of laughter from someone who had not had much to laugh about in a while! This person's laughter in juxtaposition with the difficult times...was absolutely priceless..and the best medicine. Of course, I shared in the laughter...it was cathartic for all! Laughter actually transcended time and took the difficult times away from this person for a little while...precious gift.

Jane said...

I use my calendar like Mamarock does her planner. The last week of December, I take down the calendar in the kitchen and get my new one and start writing in everyone's birthdays (with ages). My son made fun of this on my 50th birthday when he sent me a package with "After all these years of you writing birthdays on the calendar and not putting your own on (because "I know how old I am"), did you think I was going to forget your 50th birthday?" written around the sides! So the mailman knew how old I was turning!
Jane
sk8ersmom57@yahoo.com

Melissa said...

Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on the blog posts from this group.

Random.org has spoken...Bridget O'Neill, come on down!