This week, I chose the topic...
Tell us what your ideal "Me Day" would be like. Two stipulations apply:
1. You have no responsibilities to anyone today, meaning you don't have to work, be in communication with anyone, do errands/chores, etc.
2. You have an unlimited amount of money that you can spend.
Have fun!!!!
Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock
The last few months have been whirlwind busy and crazy stressful. There are times I want to chill out and be as lazy as possible, to counteract the times when I want to do my Jessie Spano "NO TIME" rant. Therefore, I decided that the next best thing would be to fantasize about a "me day." I was inspired by an article on Thought Catalog about things that are more fun when done alone. I tend to be a social creature and love spending time with friends or hanging out on Facebook. However, aside from Shabbat, I feel like I always have to be connected and sometimes I just need to disconnect from everything. Hence the first stipulation.
Believe it or not, my "me day" would be rather simple. Given the second stipulation, I would stay at the poshest hotel imaginable. It would come with one of those spa robes and have a huge bathtub with really good smelling bubbles to pour in. Room service would be unlimited (and there would be a menu with Kosher food that isn't served like on an airplane, but fresh from the kitchen and even better than the non-Kosher offerings). The bed would be huge and extremely comfortable. I'd get to indulge in a nice, long nap and then take advantage of the hotel's spa services, which would include a massage, facial, mani and pedi. Later, I'd soak in the aforementioned bathtub with candlelight and the incredible vocals of Jamie Cullum coming from my iPhone (I'd only have it there for music...and emergencies). I'd also read a novel I'd been wanting to check out but hadn't had the time before. Maybe one of the Jodi Picoult ones I skipped over...
After the bath, I'd curl up in bed wearing the spa robe and a soft pair of slippers, sinking into the myriads of soft pillows and a cozy, fluffy duvet. There I would eat dinner in bed and treat myself to a marathon of my latest favorite guilty pleasure TV show...The Mindy Project. Later, I'd go down to the pool and have another soak...this time in the hot tub. It would be long after families with young kids had already vacated the pool area, so I'd have it to myself.
Then I'd go back to the room and settle down for the night, watching an enjoyable chick flick (perhaps a classic like When Harry Met Sally) before going to sleep.
A girl's got to fantasize every once in a while, right?
This week's topic was brought to you by the Muppets....
3 comments:
Um, I absolutely love your me day! It sounds so relaxing!!!
What a great concept! A "Me Party". I love it. Think I'm going to play this video on the first day of school each year ... After a long hot summer with the kiddos - the first day of school always feels like a "Me Party"!
Sounds absolutely fabulous in every way. I hope someday you get to do it :)
Post a Comment