This week, Froggie chose the topic: Open to interpretation
Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock
I don't know if the topic itself is open to interpretation or if it's about being open to the concept of interpretation. I'm going with the former though. Before I continue, I want to share something funny that is related to interpretation. Last week, on Modern Family, Cam and Mitch received a holiday party invitation that said "No gifts, please." Mitch took it to mean that they didn't have to bring presents. Then Cam told him to say it the way the host would. So he said it sarcastically...."No gifts? PLEASE!" Then it dawned on him....
Anyway, I've decided to let my sons (ages 8 and 5 1/2) take over this week's post and they're going to tell a story. Can you guess which one wrote each part?
The Magic Fox and the Cool Frog
Once there was a magic fox and a cool frog. They were brothers, but they weren't the same type of animals.
And the frog did cool tricks like rolls and jumping over long rivers.
There was an evil wizard that cast a spell that made the fox and the frog not like each other.
Then the frog did a bad trick like kicking the fox because the wizard made them not like each other. And then the fox kicked the frog back.
The frog got angry, so he kicked the fox back again. Since the fox got super angry, he turned the frog into a pile of poop.
Then the frog wiggled in the poop and then it got all over the fox.
Then the wizard was doing another spell and it was a nice spell in a potion bottle that accidentally fell off the tower and spilled onto the fox. The fox was nice then, so he turned the frog from poop back into a frog.
And then the frog became nice again and they lived happily ever after.
3 comments:
I've long wished for the power to turn someone into a pile of poop. I like how your kids think ...
Super fun! I'm going to have to try this sometime. All of my kids like to write; the eldest probably wouldn't join in, but the little ones would (though I should just re-print the eldest's essay about outlawing children ... )
Fun!
hehehe Little did you know, Denise, that M. and E. would someday grant you that power.
All right, I think your boys need to write a book!!! :) You know kids would LOVE their perspective!
Post a Comment