Monday, January 4, 2010
All time favorite music era
I was on my way home and heard "I Know" by Dionne Farris. It took me back to a time when I liked almost all the songs that were played on the radio...1994-1995. It was at a time when I was graduating high school and starting college. I was discovering myself in college and was still somewhat innocent at the time. The music was just fun, trendy, easy to listen to and always gives off that feel of being in that time and place again, every time I hear it. I also like "As I Lay Me Down" by Sophie B. Hawkins, "Stay" by Lisa Loeb and 9 Stories, "Rain King" by Counting Crows, "Fall Down" and "Something's Always Wrong" both by Toad the Wet Sprocket, "In the House of Stone and Light" by Martin Page and "You Gotta Be" by Des'ree. It was when Blues Traveler, Hootie and the Blowfish, Dave Matthews Band and Alanis Morissette first became well known. I even liked the alternative groups that had songs out during those years. They also brought back some memories of college. I still have a tape I made during that era and I enjoy listening to it every so often. I enjoy listening to pop music nowadays, but haven't really come across a year (or cluster of years) where I liked almost every single song on the radio like I did back then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment