Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Public Property

I've been going back and forth over my decision to make this blog more public. I don't expect people to flock to it, but I have come to realize that it's a blog, not a diary. I'm not airing my private thoughts in it. I'm just sharing my opinions and observations in a forum outside of a networking site. So many people have blogs these days for so many reasons. I doubt any of them are keeping theirs a secret. If I want to say something to a tighter crowd, I'll go back to livejournal. I think blogging publicly will keep me on my toes as far as not being offensive or mean-spirited. I mainly want to blog about things I think about now or even from my past, as well as about pop culture. That's really all there is to it. If I think someone has the chance of reading this, I'm not going to say anything that could potentially be perceived as negative about them or someone they know. I think this will put me in a good frame of mind, for the most part. Yes, I'll probably vent, but it will be stuff that most people can relate to. It's almost like writing a column for a newspaper...just sharing my thoughts as I see fit. I said it earlier and will say it again: This is a blog, not a diary.

No comments: