Got this idea from a friend of mine and thought I would do it too:
8 TV shows I watch:
*Glee: The new "it" show for the 2009-2010 season
*Desperate Housewives: While it's continuing to jump the shark, it still cracks me up and keeps me guessing.
*The Office: It's funny whether or not I'm working in an office during the time I'm watching it.
*American Idol: I just love hearing what Simon says and it's nice to have a few good voices to vote for.
*Ugly Betty: I LOVE this show! Love it, love it, love it!
*90210: I am starting to like it more than the original series.
*My Boys: It's such a cute and fun show. I love that it takes place in Chicago.
*Curb Your Enthusiasm: This past season started off horribly wrong, but then it got funnier and funnier. I liked the Seinfeld reunion.
8 Food or beverage items I enjoy
*Chinese food
*Pizza
*Hot cocoa
*Ice cream
*Hamburgers
*Cheese fries from Ben Yehuda
*Chocolate
*Vegetable soup my husband makes using the recipe from (the late and great) Journey's End
8 Things I look forward to:
*My kids' birthdays
*My anniversary
*My birthday (even though Tisha B'Av is on the same day this year)
*Shabbos
*When new books by my favorite authors are released
*Going to Chicago for 4th of July
*The birth of some of my friends' babies this year, along with a new niece or nephew (B'shaah Tovah to all)
*"Glee" coming back in April
8 Things that happened yesterday:
*I worked
*I took the kids grocery shopping
*I cleaned the house in preparation for our cleaning service
*I watched "American Idol"
*I made a kugel for a family who recently had a baby in our community (as part of the meal for them)
*I knitted while watching AI
*I did some laundry
*I made pizza and corn for dinner
8 things I love about Winter
*Snow days when I don't have to work
*An excuse to drink as much hot cocoa as I want
*Seeing the kids play in the snow and all their delight
*Great photography opportunities
*A reason to stay inside with the fireplace on while wearing warm pajamas
*Hanukkah
*Valentine's Day
*I met my husband in February, so winter always reminds me of that
8 Things on my wish list
*TV shows that I don't have to wait a day to watch online (i.e. my husband ordering basic network channels now that his one idea didn't work)
*Lots of books
*A real vacation to a warm place with swimming pools, a beach, etc.
*Someone to put away all my laundry for me and attend to all dirty dishes
*For my older son to be less picky about food
*For my family to move out to our neck of the woods
*For plane fares to cost less so I can visit family and friends more easily and often
*To be really talented at something and be able to make a living off that talent
8 Things I am passionate about:
*My husband
*My kids
*My family
*My friends
*Judaism
*Reading
*Singing (mostly to myself and my kids, but I just love it)
*Pop culture trivia
8 words I often use (they might also be phrases)
*Insane
*We'll figure it out
*Sounds good
*Kaynehore (It shouldn't happen to you)
*Whatever
*Totally
*In a minute
*Like (even though a friend's mom tried to break me of using that word outside of favoring something)
8 things I learned from the past:
*It's okay to admit I was a nerd
*You can't control how people think or feel
*How to be in a good relationship
*If you don't use it, you lose it
*Not to rent a house from a shul
*Always look completely over a contract before signing it
*Not to be taken advantage of as a friend
*That I'd eventually become more observant with Judaism
8 Things I want/need
*A mouse that doesn't freeze up for no reason at all (need)
*Another trip to Vegas (want)
*To get back into an exercising groove (both)
*To be more organized at home (need)
*More shoes (both)
*Ben Yehuda's cheese fries (want)
*More time to get things done each week(both, even though I get Fridays off from work)
*More sleep (need)
Feel free to do this in your own blog and then comment in my blog and I will check it out. Have fun with this! I did, even though it required a lot of thinking late at night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good job! I can relate to some of these and wish I had put them in mine... oh well, guess that is the beauty of the excercise! :)
Post a Comment