The new season of “American Idol” kicks off tonight! I am excited to watch, but also apprehensive this year over what will be different. First of all, it has been confirmed that this is Simon’s last season. While he is brash and cutthroat at times, I really like his opinions and I know he is sincere when he actually likes someone’s performance. I plan to watch this season, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to enjoy it as much when he’s gone. Next, Ellen DeGeneres is replacing Paula Abdul. While I like Ellen and think she’s funny, I don’t know what she’ll be able to contribute to the show. Maybe she’ll talk so much that it will cut into Kara’s time. I’d rather hear Ellen than Kara anyway. Finally, no season will ever be the same as the one from last year, and that is because Adam Lambert is not going to be on (other than as a guest performer, hopefully).
I went into last season rooting for Danny and not really liking Adam for his showmanship, but curious as to what he’d do next. Then Adam sang “Mad Mad World” and suddenly he changed the entire course of the show for me. He was all I could watch and I just loved hearing him sing. He was so modest when he received positive feedback and he didn’t act like a baby when he received criticism. After the shocking results finale show, I still remained interested in him and waited 6 long months for his album to come out. When it did, I rushed out to buy it and was pleased with my purchase. He truly does not disappoint. There will be other performers like Kris, Danny, Allison, and all the other people who slipped through the cracks. (Whatever happened to Chikezie from season 7?) There can be only one Adam and anyone who dares to try performing like him this year is a complete poser. (The ironic thing is that I thought Adam was trying to be the next David Cook, but they are truly different.) That’s all I have to say on that.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment