Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two new things in one week

Yesterday, I went to a spa night event from our local Chabad. Originally, I thought someone would be giving back massages, but I guess that got taken out of the agenda last minute. In the meantime, there was a lovely woman who spoke about acupuncture and relaxation. In the end, she tried acupuncture on anyone who was interested. Given that I've received two epidurals in my life, a small needle in my shoulder area didn't scare me. So I let her try it on me. It wasn't too bad. There was some pressure at first, but then I barely noticed it. I don't know that one needle did anything for me physically, but now I can say I've had my first experience with acupuncture. In the meantime, they also had hand treatments (sea salt scrub and lotion from Arbonne) that felt really nice on my weather worn hands. Too bad it didn't last more than just that evening. It was a nice experience overall. I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in a while and made a new friend too. The funny thing that sticks out from that evening is that when I was eating some watermelon, an older woman came up to me and said "Is that yummy?" I know how my kids feel when I ask them the same thing while they're eating. LOL! It was cute though.

No comments: