I went back to the yarn store tonight and got my needle replaced. It was a manufacturing defect. Another lady there helped start me up again. I was able to successfully knit a few rows on my own when I got home. :)
My friend mentioned that I was claiming the store was only for advanced knitters. I know she was kidding, but I didn't mean to make it sound that way. It is beginner friendly there, as they advise on what type of yarn to use, which type of needles are best and they even help teach virgin knitters like myself. Initially, I meant to convey the same image to portray someone who is not athletic in a sporting goods store or someone who isn't an avid reader in a book store. All stores can be user friendly, but it also depends on the knowledge of the user. It is understandable for a beginner to look at all that yarn and panic. However, my friend and the women who work there made me feel a lot better. They were very patient and understanding. I applaud them all for their efforts to make me into a knitter. My BFF will be thankful to them for this. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment