Monday, March 14, 2011

7th Heaven

I'm not talking about the TV show, even though I used to watch it (which sounds strange coming from a Jewish person, but so be it).

Today is my seven year anniversary with my husband. I have to say that life is like the song "Don't Blink." I feel like seven years has just flown by and now we have three kids to show for it!

We started watching "How I Met Your Mother" recently and a lot of it rings true for us. Like the unique things that attract us to one another and the whole olive theory seems to work too. (I don't like them and he does.)

In relation to that, my husband and I love laughing together and joking around. (Our older son picks on us for laughing and not letting him in on the "grown up" joke.) In honor of our anniversary, I'd like to share seven TV shows, movies and things in general that make us laugh.

TV Shows:
1. Arrested Development
2. Modern Family
3. Curb Your Enthusiasm
4. The Office
5. Futurama
6. Mad TV (not on anymore)
7. Family Guy (the older episodes)

Movies:
1. Happy Gilmore
2. Grandma's Boy
3. UHF
4. The Hebrew Hammer
5. Clerks 2
6. Office Space
7. Airplane

Things in General:
1. The robotic store manager at Babies 'R' Us (when we registered for gifts in 2005).
2. The idea of clapping for anyone who accidentally gets down on one knee at a restaurant on Valentine's Day.
3. The funny things our kids say and do.
4. The "adult baby" on CNN.
5. The nursing demo poster at the hospital that looks like the mom is choking the baby.
6. Replacing "Jesus" with "Hashem" in songs that warrant doing so.
7. My late paternal grandpa's dice-rolling hand maneuver.

I feel so blessed to be married to my husband for so long and that neither of us have a seven-year itch. :) I love that we connect well with our senses of humor and that we never fail to make one another laugh. I'm excited to find more things to laugh and joke about with him. To start our eighth year of marriage together, I'm sure we'll find a lot to laugh about from "How I Met Your Mother."

No comments: