This week, Moma Rock picked the topic: What would your dream job be? It can be anything (or one that you already have)... the sky's the limit!
Before reading ahead, first see what everyone else had to say on this topic:
Originally, I would have said that I want to star on Broadway, but I don't want to live in or near New York, so that kind of makes such a dream rather difficult. After writing my "legendary" post, I realized that I now have a different dream job.
Wait for it...
Professional Reader!
Yes, I would want a job where I could be paid to do what I love best...read. The catch would be that I'd get to choose all the books and the reading venue. "Supplies" would be covered in full and beverages at Starbucks would be expensed. (It's my dream job, so why not?) I would review every book, but that's par for the course. I'd get commission on all books sold based on my review (there'd be a way to track this in my dream job world). I would never be made to feel like this was a "job" per se, but more like something enjoyable and relaxing that still brought in a decent salary. The next best thing would be getting paid to eat ice cream, but it would have to be a magical calorie-free ice cream or I'd ask for a health club membership to go along with it. (I read while I work out anyway.)
Realistically speaking though, it would be cool to have a job in the book business. I'd love to be an editor or book publicist. I'd also love even more to be an author, but I need to get the motivation going to write again. It's been too long!
Therefore, professional reader it is! (Til' that happens, I still plan to read for fun.)
No comments:
Post a Comment