Sometimes I only get the chance to blog once a week. And since I can't always get up the motivation to think of a topic, it's nice to have other friends to blog with so we can take turns. I enjoy being challenged to write about stuff that might not normally come to mind and also reading everyone else's thoughts on the same topic. Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for over a year, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.
This week, Moma Rock chose the topic: Poop
First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.
Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock
The subject line is not a joke. And you are not imagining things. Moma Rock and I are in the midst of potty training and need some comic relief from the stress of it, so we share random hilarious poop stories. One day, she said that she should have our blog project topic be "poop" and I dared her to go for it. Well, she finally did! So you can have some comic relief too, whether you're having a stressful day, week, month, etc., you've come to the right place. I'm sharing some funny poop stories, videos, etc.
Side note, I choose not to say the "S word" and will always call it "poop." (Like in Billy Madison when the old guy calls it poop and they find that hilarious.)
*Back in 1996, I would go to this midnight theater open mic every Saturday. It was called Theater of Ted. One weekend, I was away for the High Holidays. When I came back, I found out that a girl had pooped in a bucket in front of everyone at "Ted." She was making a statement about this guy licking chocolate sauce off a girl's leg the week before. The following week, everyone decided to tell their craziest poop stories. I was weirdly sad that I missed the performance everyone was talking about. Then I found out who had done it (and, of course, called her "poop girl") and years later she was in my Abnormal Psychology class. Ironic or what?
*There's an author at Chick Lit Central today who has a funny story to share related to poop. Stop by and check it out. (And enter to win her book.)
*On my first cruise in early 1999, a bunch of us 20-somethings were up at the dance club on the last night when someone announced that there was a giant piece of poo in one of the toilets of the men's room. It looked like a sandwich, it was that huge. Naturally, everyone had to go check it out. It was the highlight of the evening.
*We were trying to get our kids to stop using potty language at the dinner table. One time, my younger son took it very literally and said "I have to make potty language."
*Whenever someone would fart, my friend's dad would say "Who pooped?" in a funny accent. My friend and I always found this hilarious.
*When my family would go to Pompano Beach, Florida, every winter, we'd drive by this sewage plant that smelled awful. My friend's dad called it the "doody and pee pee factory." He'd joke about having picnics there. When I was older, he'd ask me if I told my husband about the factory.
*Speaking of the word "doody," did it come to mean poop after Howdy Doody had been created? I mean, why would you name a famous TV puppet after a word that means crap? I also remember in one of the Indiana Jones movies that there was an actress named Alison Doody. Why would she want that for her last name? Apparently, it hasn't kept her from getting acting jobs.
*Another word for poop is "scat." I find that funny because "scat" is also a style of music. I wonder if Scatman John would change his name if he knew this. And isn't John another name for toilet? Hmmm... Unfortunately, he passed on a long time ago so it's a bit too late to change his name now.
*I love in Waiting For Guffman how Blaine, Missouri is the stool capital of the US. Go to 1:37 in the video if you want to snicker a bit. Here's the stool song from "Red, White, and Blaine."
*This is a funny MadTV parody of a UPS commercial. Don't mind the poor dubbing quality though. For all you fans of The Mindy Project, you'll definitely recognize someone from there.
*This video is just hilarious. If you're as immature as I am, you'll be watching it over and over...
*Of course, no post about poop is complete without Mr. Hankey!
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Funny topic today. I got a laugh at the girl who pooped on stage. That was really strange.
Your friend's dad, asking if someone pooped when someone farted.. that's hysterical!
TMI! TMI! (There, I said it!)
Now I know the hippo's superpower! Xo
Post a Comment