Sometimes I only get the chance to blog once a week. And since I can't always get up the motivation to think of a topic, it's nice to have other friends to blog with so we can take turns. I enjoy being challenged to write about stuff that might not normally come to mind and also reading everyone else's thoughts on the same topic. Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for over a year, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.
This week, Moma Rock chose the topic: If you could travel with any band for one week, which band would it be, and why? What sort of experiences do you think you'll encounter? This can be a band currently in existence or one that is no longer; the sky's the limit!
First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.
Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock
I will admit this topic was a challenge for me. I love music, but it's hard to choose a band to want to travel with for a week. Then two words in the topic stood out: "One Week." That made me think of Barenaked Ladies (BNL), whom I saw in concert twice. I love their music and got to thinking about how much fun it would be to travel with them. This would have to be prior to when Steven Page left the group, as it's not really BNL without him any more than 10,000 Maniacs is the same band without Natalie Merchant.
I don't know that my husband would want me going off with a bunch of guys for the week, but he has nothing to worry about since they'd be more like a group of big brothers than anything else. However, if I needed a chaperone, I'd invite my friend Cass, with whom I used to work at the cell phone company. We saw them in concert together and would e-mail lines from songs back and forth all day long to stay entertained at the office. I'd also ask "Will" to come along since he loves BNL and he used to play me their songs on the guitar. Since he's gay, the threat factor isn't there either.
I don't think I'm creative enough to come up with an agenda for the week, but this is some of what might happen:
*I'd learn all the lyrics to "One Week" to perform at their concert with them. I enjoy a challenge.
*We'd eat all the time, whether it was snacks or stopping for meals.
*We'd have pool parties at whichever hotel we were all crashing at for the night, as well as go to water parks.
*We'd have sessions to brainstorm rhymes and puns for new songs. I love how wordy their songs are and how they play around with the rhyme schemes. One of my favorites from their songs is "I could hide out under there. I just made you say 'underwear.'" ("Pinch Me")
*We'd have karaoke nights with not only their songs, but we'd also turn down the volumes on some classics from the 80s and 90s and see if they could fit the lyrics into a new tune or even change the tempo.
*We'd have nightly Big Bang Theory marathons since they wrote the theme song. ("We built the pyramids!")
*Just for fun, we'd do a scavenger hunt around a mall.
*While on the road, we'd have to stop and see oddities like largest ball of yarn
*We'd make it a point to go to a zoo and take pictures of chimpanzees to make postcards with.
*Finally, we'd visit their hometown of Scarborough, Ontario (Canada), and they'd take me to all their favorite places.
Since Moma Rock said "the sky's the limit," it made me think of this BNL "classic." Try NOT to sing along...I dare you! (This video has a special bonus too, and it involves some more fun play-on-words! Another pun I love of theirs is "I would buy you some art--a Picasso or a Garfunkel.")
Are you a BNL fan? If so, what is your favorite song of theirs?
Thursday, May 7, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Okay, I only have one question for you: Can I go with you??? It sounds like you'd have such a blast hanging out with BNL!
I'd for sure not be star struck because I only know the two songs you mentioned. But sounds like you'd have a great time. (Though I still like my Beastie Boys suggestion.). :)
I don't think I would want to travel with any band for a week or even a day. Maybe when I was younger and wild, but at my age, I don't think I could handle it.
I do like their music. One Week was big when I was in high school I think.
Oh and to answer your question, My Cat From Hell is on Animal Plant. It's basically about pissy cats.
Post a Comment