It's okay...
*To not care so much about the new Star Wars movie. I mean, yeah, I'll see it in the theater. However, I'm not in a rush and I don't really follow all the million posts about it or the excitement everyone else is experiencing. I guess I'd compare their excitement over the new movie to mine over going to Book Expo America.
*To be excited about Finding Dory coming to theaters next summer.
*To not post political stuff on my Facebook page regarding the refugees. There's too much conflicting information out there and I really don't want to start a debate on my page. However, I will continue to post about the terrorism in Israel because that is clearly getting ignored in comparison to other countries who are experiencing terrorism.
*To be done with five seasons of Parenthood and have only one more to go. I'm going to miss it so much when it's done and I'm really scared of what will happen in the series finale since everyone has warned me that I'd be inhuman if I didn't cry. See my latest recap.
*To not go shopping on Black Friday. I've done it once and once was enough! I can't even deal with the crowds and lack of parking at the mall on a normal day.
![]() |
| Where you WON'T find me this Friday! |
*To not be all that impressed with Adele's song, "Hello." It seems a bit eerie...."Hello from the other side..." Maybe I'm not listening with the right frame of mind, but either way, it falls short of the songs on her 21 CD.
*To be glad that my daughter likes Annie now. She sings "Tomorrow" all the time! I'm excited to watch the (original) movie with her sometime soon. (I found the 1999 version with Kathy Bates and Audra McDonald on YouTube and that one was cute too, from what I remember. Sarah Hyland from Modern Family was in it, as well.)
![]() |
| Me as Annie in 1982. I was THAT obsessed. :) |
*To be glad that I got to spend some quality time with my parents recently. It was nice to see them again and my mom and I got to talk a lot.
*To look forward to spending some quality time with my in-laws soon. (I'm one of the lucky few who gets along with their in-laws.)
*To only have one actual cooking responsibility for Thanksgiving, which can be delegated to the kids anyway...pumpkin pie!
![]() |
| Tastes even better with whipped cream on top! (Pareve, of course.) |
*To find it hard to stay motivated during such a short work week.
*To have played laser tag the other night. I think my husband and I were the oldest ones playing, but that's okay. Some girl in the room was having a birthday and she kept de-aging each time they sang to her. In any case, I wasn't that great at it, but I had a lot of fun. It's therapeutic to shoot lasers at people. Who knew?!?
*To be relieved that my office is closing early on Wednesday so that I don't have to worry about child care after school on a half day.
*To keep the kids out past their bedtime (on a school night) so we could spend time with cousins visiting from out of town. My daughter loves our teenage cousin. (I remember when she was my daughter's age. Time flies!)
*To be concerned about the social implications of a non-celebrity celebrity's baby's name.
*To not be sure what to post about for the 30 days of gratefulness. Not because I'm not grateful, but more out of survivor guilt.




6 comments:
I have never done black Friday shopping and I love shopping. But the thought of all of those annoying rude people keeps me home. Plus, there is nothing that I really need that bad. If I did, I would have already bought it. The laser tag sounds like fun.
I refuse to go shopping the weekend after Thanksgiving. No way do I want to deal with the crowds! I made pumpkin pie for the first time last night...I'm so glad mine looks like yours!
I was Annie as a child too!
And I am probably the only person in the world who really doesn't care for Adele.
I was obsessed with Annie too! I watched the movie so much that I broke two tapes. I also broke the soundtrack from listening to it so much.
I can't wait for Finding Dory. We are excited about the new Star Wars film but we aren't going on opening night. My husband says crowds petrify him.
I did Black Friday shopping every single year for 15 years straight with my best friend back home before we moved away in 2005. It was a girl's day for us and we met at the mall every year at 4 am and started at KB Toy Stores where we got the majority of our kid's CHRISTmas gifts at dirt cheap prices that would normally cost an arm and a leg. Plus, we always had lunch someplace different each year and we shopped until about 7 p.m. every year. We would go into Hallmark and read cards and literally laugh until we cried - it was a blast and I miss it more every year because of mine and her time together. My son was in the movie production Annie at his high school his senior year - he was the man at the microphone who spoke to the girls who sang - You're never fully dressed without a smile. It was one of my all time faves with him in drama. :) I know we will go see Star Wars, but my hubby is definitely the one ready for it - I could take it or leave it - ha! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and thank you for the kind words on my new grandson. :)
I sometimes go with my parents to do Black (Thursday? Thanksgiving?) shopping. They like going to Walmart because sometimes there are $5-10 Wranglers jeans there for my dad. I *may* trek to Meijer (local grocery/etc. store) this year because they have $24 winter coats (normally $70) and I need a new one. That's early Fri AM.
Post a Comment