This week, I chose the topic: Tell Us Something Good. It can be about good things that happened in your life or good things you've heard about online, from people close to you, etc. Anything goes!
Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock
This topic was inspired by a segment on The Bobby Bones Show, which plays on my local country station.
There's also a quote from Where the Heart is, my all time favorite movie:
"You tell them we've all got meanness in us, but we've got goodness too. And the only thing worth living for is the good. And that's why we've got to make sure we pass it on."
I did this at Chick Lit Central this past summer, and am doing something similar today.
Something good that happened to me recently: Two authors I love (technically three, since two write together) acknowledged me in their upcoming novels. (The joys of getting ARCs and seeing this early on.)
![]() |
| From THE TOTAL PACKAGE by Stephanie Evanovich (my birthday pal) (If you don't personally know me, I'm private about my last name) |
Something good that happened to someone I know recently: A friend I met through the V.C. Andrews club almost 20 years ago (and have stayed in touch with all this time) recently sold her debut young adult novel to a big publishing house. It sounds really good too!
Something good I witnessed: My younger son sharing starfruit with my daughter. It was a selfless gesture on his part, as she really wanted some and he only had a small amount.
Something good I heard on the news: A man resuscitated a frozen kitten. It's nice to hear when someone is nice to an animal, especially after some of the stuff I've seen online about how people treat their pets.
Something good someone did for me: Some of my friends gave me Hanukkah gifts, which I thought was really nice. They knew what I would like and put a lot of thought into the gifts. Usually the focus at Hanukkah is on my kids, so it's nice to receive gifts just for me, as well.
![]() |
| I especially love the mug. |
Something good I did for someone else: Some new job positions came up at my organization recently, so I followed up with people who had asked me about some of the past available jobs I posted. One of the people I contacted called me to say how thrilled she was that I was still thinking of her. Also, I took on a big project at the office this week to help a colleague who has been extra stressed out.



3 comments:
I saw that story about the kitten too. It really was a feel good story.
I'm really glad you picked a topic like this. With so much gloom in the world, it's nice to focus on and remember the good. Great post!
It's always so awesome when authors mention you. So cool :)
And yay for the saved kitten.
Post a Comment