Thursday, March 31, 2016

You're probably doing it wrong...

Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for about two years, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.

This week, I chose the topic: Try out a life hack you've seen online and talk about your experience. (You can do more than one if you have time.) If you've tried some in the past, talk about those, as well.

First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.

Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock

I always see posts with different "life hack" ideas posted online, usually with ways to get organized. When I decided to propose this topic to my group, I found a site called 1000 Life Hacks. It's very addictive to read through and I did find some interesting ideas. One was about a website that gives free piano lessons. I sent that to my kids and it will be interesting to see if they try it out. Another suggested crushing candy canes to use in food and beverage items during the winter holidays. I did try that once for a cookies and cream pie I usually make, but it took a while to crush the candy canes and they were almost too much in the pie.

A while back, I read about stuffing your sheets into your pillowcase in order to organize the linen closet and keep everything together. Of course, when I did it, it just took up more space! I'm not good at folding the fitted sheets into something neat and flat.



Someone else shared the idea of putting little dollar store baskets in the linen closet to sort towels, wash cloths, extra pillow cases, etc. I tried that out and it has seemed to help a bit. However, I still have more wash cloths and towels than I have space in the baskets for them.



From the website, I found another idea that I decided to try out, since I was making challah anyway.


This is how it turned out. I'll know this weekend if the taste or texture are any different.


What is YOUR favorite life hack?

6 comments:

Janine said...

I really don't have a favorite life hack. But I did try the sheets in the pillow case too. It didn't work out that great. And I really need to go through the towels and throw away a bunch of them instead of keeping them all. I might do that this morning.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

I do the thing with the sheets in the closet, and I add baskets everywhere for organizing! The ice cube idea is interesting, I wonder if it worked!

Denise K. said...

Hmmm, I may have to try the basket one. I just organized my linen closet and it still doesn't feel organized ...

Samantha said...

Omgosh....that sheet thing sounds like it would turn out to be a mess! I have tried watching videos on "how to fold fitted sheets" and such on youtube. Yeah, never have figured it out. As far as I'm concerned, if ye know how to fold a fitted sheet neatly, ye be a witch!! lol

AiringMyLaundry said...

That bread looks amazing. I LOVE bread so much.

Sara said...

I love the baskets idea! I was just sharing that with K, on how things would look so much more organized in our linen closet if we did that. Thanks for sharing!