Thursday, May 25, 2017
The Goldbergs, Season 4--with SPOILERS
Since I watched the season as it was going, I didn't have the benefit of binge-watching. This meant I had to wait weeks between episodes sometimes. Oh, the travesty! And when is Adam going to pair up with the Duffers to make a Stranger Things crossover? It would totally work!
I enjoyed most of season four, as you can tell from my extensive list of favorite episodes. My sons and I even joke around about some of the things that happened on the show. We do this thing that Evie and Erica do to each other in one of the episodes, where they shush each other at the same time. And the swear/geek/attitude jar scene is always a classic to act out. And, of course, we call each other "shmoopie."
Episode 1-Breakfast Club
As a new school year begins, the Goldberg kids end up in Saturday detention.
How could you NOT love such a fun tribute to a classic '80s flick?!?
Episode 5-Stefan King
Adam tries to be a horror writer in the vein of Stephen King. However, his efforts get him grounded on Halloween when Beverly discovers that she's the basis for the monster in his story. Meanwhile, a desperate Erica forces Barry to be her "date" at the school's costume dance.
Two words: Suddenly. Seymour.
Episode 8-The Greatest Musical Ever Written
A school musical production creates strife between Adam and Barry while substitute teacher Beverly creates havoc in Erica's class.
Perfect episode for musical theater geeks like myself! See the trailer here.
Episode 11-O Captain! My Captain!
Barry tries to prove Beverly wrong in his chemistry class while Adam needs Erica's advice for his friendship with Emmy.
I cried from this one.
Episode 14-The Spencer's Gift
Erica and Barry get jobs at Spencer's Gifts, then Murray insists that Adam get a job as well, but Beverly is adamant that Adam focus on filmmaking.
I love how Barry turned out to be the better employee.
Episode 15-So Swayze It's Crazy
Beverly's on a mission to make Adam a film star.
One part made me think of the season one finale of FRIENDS, but with a better ending. That totally made the episode for me.
Episode 16-The Kara-te Kid
The ultimate karate battle between the Adams.
BEST episode of the season, hands down! Sooooo many funny moments. I even made my husband watch it. And there's a special treat at the way end...
Episode 17-Deadheads
Barry's JTP membership is in jeopardy while a family swear jar is introduced.
I love the multiple jar scene. (Or should we call it Jar Jar? That wouldn't make sense in the '80s though!)
Episode 19-A Night to Remember
Prom night at school.
Lots of sweet moments. This is also the episode where Adam and Jackie first meet. One part reminded me of SAVED BY THE BELL.
Episode 21-Fonzie Scheme
Beverly's attempts to find Murray a hobby backfire; Erica comes to the rescue when Barry's scheme to steal golf carts goes awry.
The golf cart scenes were so funny.
Episode 23-Jedi Master Adam Skywalker
Erica and Barry's curiosity with the yearbook's best goes awry.
However, I love how they make it up to Adam. I also loved Adam's power trip.
Episode 24-Graduation Day
Erica's graduation, Barry's summer plans and Adam's relationship go awry.
It was nice to see Dana again, even though she and Adam were out of sync. The graduation scene was funny too.
If you're a fan, tell me your favorite episodes from season four!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love this show. I grew up in Delaware, and Philadelphia was the closest major city, so all the local references are things I get. My oldest currently DS goes to college not too far from Jenkintown.
I'm an 80s gal, so all of the pop culture references are near and dear to my teen years.
And, it's just an enjoyable show.
denise
Post a Comment