Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Favorite Disney Movies



Since I love so many Disney movies (I'm a Disney Dork, after all), I am just going to list my top 10 favorites here. What films are on your list?

1. Beauty and the Beast (original animated version, even though the live action one is amazing too): I fell in love with it from the opening number. And Belle is my Disney soul sister!



2. Aladdin: I love how the story was re-imagined by Disney. Robin Williams stole the show as the iconic Genie.



3. Wreck-It Ralph: Incredibly creative, funny, and even emotional. I love the rapport between Ralph and Vanellope. It's one of those movies I can never tire of.



4. Monsters Inc. (Pixar): So clever and imaginative. I love the way the monsters turn scaring kids into a business and way to power the town. And Boo is just adorable! I also enjoyed the prequel, Monsters University.



5. The Parent Trap (original version with Hayley Mills): I watched this for the first time in forever (pardon the Disney song reference) and found myself crying during "Let's Get Together." I watched this countless times as a kid and acted it out with my sister. (I was Sharon.)



6. The Lion King: This says it all!



7. Enchanted: I love the way they turn an animated princess into human form and put her into the modern world. So much fun, while also being sweet and creative.



8. Tangled: Definitely tissue-worthy. It had a similar feel to Beauty and the Beast. Mandy Moore was great as Rapunzel's voice. I also love how Mother Gothel was so easy to hate.



9. The Little Mermaid: Such a classic Disney flick. You can't not smile when Sebastian sings "Under the Sea." And "Part of Your World" is such a great princess ballad.



10. Hercules: It has a similar feel to The Little Mermaid. I love Megara and how she won't say she's in love. There are some great songs and a lot of fun energy. And, of course, I cry at the end.



Runner up:
Cinderella (live action): This was so beautifully done. I enjoyed the animated version as a kid, but the live action version took it to a whole new level. Lily James was such a sweet Cinderella. There were some funny moments, as well as really heartbreaking emotional ones.



Warning: I will be posting a list of my least favorites soon. If you've been keeping up with my blog for the past few years, you will know at least one of the movies going on the list!

3 comments:

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

I love The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, and Aladdin!

Kristi said...

I have to break them down into Disney and Pixar! I love Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, and Aladdin best from Disney. I think Mulan would be wonderful and intense in live action. My Pixar favorites are Monster's Inc. and Toy Story. I'm going to have to point my best friend to this thread. Her son had his first animation credit on Wreck it Ralph!

dstoutholcomb said...

If I see the original Parent Trap on TV, I will stop and watch it. I just love that movie.