A while back, I posted about my favorite Disney movies. At that time, I promised I'd post about the ones I didn't like. Well, the time has finally come...
In no particular order:
Pirates of the Caribbean: The first one was okay, but then they had to keep making sequels and the sequels were just annoying. That made me dislike the first one even more.
Pete's Dragon (original): I watched this with my older son a long time ago and thought it was just so disturbing (all the child abuse going on). It even ruined "Candle on the Water" for me. I liked the remake so much better, and I don't always say that about remakes.
The Fox and the Hound: I watched expecting to be emotionally impacted, but it just dragged for me and I felt nothing.
Robin Hood: I just found it boring.
Frozen: This says it all.
The Princess and the Frog: No memorable songs (I only know one line in "Almost There" and that's the first line of the chorus) and the villain gave me the creeps.
Pinocchio: I also found this one boring.
Tarzan: If the characters had actually sung (aside from Rosie O'Donnell singing nonsense words), I might have liked it.
The Good Dinosaur (Pixar): I was expecting so much more from this than I got and some parts involving villains felt disturbing to me.
Brave (Pixar): This one fell flat for me and it was basically Brother Bear meets Beauty and the Beast.
Runner up: Newsies. I love the music, but take that away and the story is so boring. Thankfully the stage musical gave it new life.
Friday, April 27, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this post since I am a Disney/Pixar fanatic but definitely have a few least faves.
For Pixar
-Cars 2! The worst one in the franchise by far. I also agree with you on Good Dinosaur (boring) and Brave (disappointing).
FOr General Disney two that i could not get into at all are the Aristocats and Sword in the Stone
I remember going to see Pinocchio in the movie theater and finding it super boring! I don't have any Disney movie that I particularly despise but there are definitely the better ones and the not so great ones!
Post a Comment