![]() |
| Courtesy of Wikipedia |
Here are some of my favorite episodes, in chronological order:
Episode 4-Revenge O' the Nerds
Beverly tries to reinvent herself in more than one way, while Erica asks for Adam's help at college.
Gotta love Beverly's perm. And the homage to RoTN was awesome.
Episode 9-Parents Just Don't Understand
A song written by Adam and Barry doesn't get the accolades they hoped for, while Erica needs distance from Beverly.
It reminded me of the time I memorized "Parents Just Don't Understand." Plus there were some really funny moments.
Episode 10-We Didn't Start the Fire
The battle for the best Hanukkah party begins.
The remake of Billy Joel's classic hit was spot on! I also loved all the Hanukkah oneupmanship between Beverly and Lou Schwartz.
Episode 11-The Goldberg Girls
Beverly creates her own mom group, while Erica reaches a breaking point with Geoff.
Beverly was so funny with her mom group. I love how she tried to create her own set of Golden Girls. You'll recognize one of her friends as Flo from the Progressive Insurance commercials.
![]() |
| Courtesy of Nutmeg Creative |
Geoff joins the family out for Erica's birthday dinner.
This episode is one of the best of the season. The family's dinner antics are hilarious. My kids and I still quote lines from it.
Episode 15-Adam Spielberg
Adam loves director Steven Spielberg so much and decides to film an original script he wrote about Indiana Jones and his passion for directing is called into question. Meanwhile, Murray and Barry make a bet about whether or not a cheesesteak sandwich in New Jersey is the best one ever.
The scenes where Adam is trying to film his movie are so funny and I love Barry's quest to find the best cheesesteak sandwich.
Episode 16-The Scrunchie Rule
When Beverly gets a glimpse into a soon-to-be empty nest, she replaces her kids with the Mellor brothers, nursing Coach Mellor back to health after falling off the rope climb. Meanwhile, Erica and her college roommate get on each other's nerves in their dorm room, especially when Valley Erica puts a scrunchie on the door and kicks Erica out.
I love how Erica gets Barry and her friends involved in her fight with the other Erica. And Beverly is at her best with trying to help Coach Mellor...by mothering him.
Episode 17-Colors
Barry enlists the JTP to help him break up Beverly's group of friends so Barry can have all the attention but soon realizes he made a major mistake when Beverly gets into a fight with her friends. Meanwhile, Adam's attempts to trick Murray into loving theater backfire.
I think the theater stuff is the reason I liked this episode a lot, but it was also nice to see more of Beverly with her group of friends (a.k.a. Frentas).
Episode 19-Flashy Little Flashdancer
The family doesn't support Beverly when she decides to take up dance with the Frentas; when Emmy starts dating a cool guy, Adam thinks their friendship is in jeopardy.
Beverly's dance routine was good, so I was surprised that her family was laughing. I loved how she and the Frentas were all chaotic on stage. It was also nice to see Emmy Mirsky again.
Episode 22-Let's Val Kilmer This Car
When Lainey moves back to town, Barry asks her to the prom; Erica tells Murray she has made a final decision about her future in college.
A great final episode of the season. The timing of when I watched it is funny in relation to this news story. I also loved the Real Genius references. It's a moral imperative to list this episode as one of my favorites!
While I was excited for the Spaceballs episode, I was hoping for more Spaceballs and less politics. And Rick Moranis only had a voice cameo. It had some funny moments, like when Adam was explaining his Star Wars knowledge to Jackie's dad.
The Goldbergs will be back for season six this fall! I can't wait to see more 80's references (courtesy of Adam) and smothering (courtesy of Beverly). What movies do you think they should parody this time around? I feel like they've covered so many in five seasons. They may have to go more obscure. (I hope they're not running out of ideas! Maybe they can work with some more TV shows, like Family Ties or Punky Brewster.)


No comments:
Post a Comment