![]() |
| Photo courtesy of womentainment.com |
It's hard to find a decent synopsis that doesn't give a multitude of spoilers. I found this on IMDb:
On Nadia's 36th birthday she is struck by a car and killed, only to finds herself alive and well, back at her own birthday party earlier that night. When she dies again and her timeline resets, Nadia begins to question her own sanity as she strives to unravel the mystery of why and how this is all happening.
Here are eight reasons you should watch (since there are only eight episodes):
1. It stars Natasha Lyonne. She first comes off as similar to Nicky on Orange is the New Black, but she has more layers and the red curls just top it all off.
2. There's another actress from Orange on this show, Dascha Polanco, who plays a complete contrast to her role as Daya on that show. I was hoping for a meta moment, but it never materialized.
3. The song that keeps playing is rather catchy. My husband and I thought it had a Ben Folds feel to it.
4. A teen actor from the 90's, Brendan Sexton III., is on this show, but totally unrecognizable. See if you can figure out who he is without consulting IMDb. (He was in Empire Records and Welcome to the Dollhouse back in the day.)
5. Chloe Sevigny plays Nadia's mom in flashback scenes. She kind of looks like Sarah Jessica Parker in this role.
6. The visuals are interesting to watch. At first the blue tinted shape on the bathroom door is strange, but then it just grows on you. It's a similar color to the fish tank in Alan's house.
7. It just messes with your mind a lot and there are so many questions and answers to ponder. Another reason I am hoping for more seasons.
8. Something about the bond between Nadia and Alan (Charlie Barnett) just does me in. I nearly cried toward the end of the final episode. I'm shipping them hard and am not ready to let go of either yet. They're both so beautifully broken and strange circumstances brought them together.
Fair warning, some parts are a bit gross. Especially in episode seven. The funny and emotional moments balance those parts out though.
I will NOT be posting any spoilers since I still can't wrap my head around everything, but you're welcome to share your own thoughts in the comments section. (For those of you who haven't seen it, don't read the comments if you are planning on watching at some point.)
Want another reason to watch? Check out the trailer!

No comments:
Post a Comment