![]() |
| Courtesy of Elle |
Reasons you need to watch Four Weddings and a Funeral:
1. It's really funny. I laughed out loud many times. So loud my kids could hear me from their rooms, with their doors closed.
2. Nikesh Patel as Kash. Need I say more? (You'll know once you've seen him. Trust me.)
3. Some of the characters may start out as unlikable, but then they grow on you and manage to surprise you. And the ones that are likable become even more likable by the end of the season.
4. The nod to rom coms. Like the scene in Love, Actually with the posters. ("To me, you are perfect.")
5. The costume party in episode one. I want to have a party like that.
6. Appearances from 90's rom com actors like Andie MacDowell and Dermot Mulroney (who aged nicely, I must say).
7. Relevancy to current events, even though this takes place mostly in London.
8. There's a story arc involving gay characters. (Not that it's uncommon in this day and age, but still...)
9. Did I mention it takes place in London? Gorgeous scenery and I love British accents.
10. The couples are so wonderful. I couldn't wait for certain characters to kiss and when they did, it was so rewarding.
11. It managed to make me cry more than once. The funeral episode wrecked me and the finale got me all verklempt.
12. Nathalie Emmanuel's hair. I love her curls, especially when she lets them do their own thing.
13. Creative filmography. There are some scenes (especially in the final episode) that are fun to watch because of how they are set up.
14. The theme song. It's short, but catchy and perfect for this show. (The whole song is linked here, but the theme song part starts at 38 seconds and goes on for about 15-20 seconds after that.) All the music on the show is great and fits with the mood.
15. There are only 10 episodes, so it's easy to binge-watch and if you don't have Hulu and get a free one-month trial, you'll have plenty of time to fit them all in before the month is over.
A second season has not yet been confirmed, but I am hoping that it will be. I can't let these characters go! This is one of the best TV shows I've seen in a while and I can't stop thinking about it and recommending it. Give it a go. You won't be sorry!

No comments:
Post a Comment