![]() |
| Courtesy of IMDb |
Upload appeals to fans of a several genres: romance, comedy, sci-fi, and thriller. They blend together in so many perfect ways. The plot and storylines are so interesting throughout each episode and there are some cliffhangers, including one at the very end. The characters fit so well into the story and complement each other. Nathan (Robbie Amell, total eye candy) and Nora (Andy Allo, #girlcrush worthy) are such genuine lead characters that it's easy to ship them right away. I was so invested in both of their situations the entire time and I felt their emotions. I was so nervous for both of them, as well. There are a lot of sweet and funny moments involving them in each episode.
Some of the other interesting characters on the show were Ingrid (Nathan's girlfriend, a piece of work, but has a likable side too), Aleesha (Nora's best friend and coworker, she's just really funny), Luke (Nathan's friend at Lakeview, he reminds me of Steve Zahn), Dylan (a kid at Lakeview who isn't what he seems), and Fran (a relative of Nathan's who has suspicions about his death). I also like Nevaeh (Nathan's niece) and Ernie (the therapy dog).
I love how Lakeview is set up similar to a resort. The set looks amazing and being set in a digital world allows for some cool visual effects.
What I thought was really cool was that people were still able to communicate with their departed loved ones, thanks to the upload. I wish that technology had been around earlier, as I'd love to maintain a connection to my grandparents that way. I also like that it's set in the not-so-distant future, thirteen years from now. In some ways, it feels strange to think of people around my kids' ages as adults when that time actually arrives. (Nathan is technically close in age to my oldest child.) However, some of the music they play is either from now or from even further back into the early 2000s. (The first episode starts with "Family Affair" by Mary J. Blige. There's also a part about "Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)" by Silentó in another episode.)
There is some product placement, but it's done in a funny way, with weird combinations of different companies. You'll see...
I just can't get enough of this show and wish there were a second season right now. The first season is currently on Amazon Prime. If you don't have it yet, it's worth doing a free trial just to binge-watch these 10 episodes (like I just did). I still can't stop thinking about it and it's definitely a new favorite for me.
Check out the trailer:

No comments:
Post a Comment