![]() | ![]() |
Both pictures courtesy of IMDb.
Recently, I have really enjoyed two shows targeted to a teen/young adult audience. Since I am young at heart, these shows were totally up my alley. Here are some reasons you should watch these shows (spoiler free).
Never Have I Ever
I was sold on this show when I heard that Mindy Kaling was the creator and that it was loosely based on her life. I had heard good things about it and decided to check it out. I am SO glad I did and am even more glad that there will be a second season!
Check out the trailer:
Some reasons you should be watching:
*Two words: Equatorial Guinea. You'll see...
*The cultural stuff, like the party Devi and her family attended.
*Featuring a character with Down Syndrome in a positive way without it being focused on their disability.
*The fact that Ben got his own episode. It made me adore him so much more afterward.
*Kamala and her Riverdale binge-watching. I just love Kamala's personality in general. She's so much fun to watch.
*Devi is not perfect. She says things she regrets. She disappoints her mother and her friends. She lies a lot. The list could go on...
*Devi's two best friends are fabulous. I can't get enough of Fabiola's hair.
*The Rocky Horror Picture Show and 90 Day Fiancé get shout-outs.
Love, Victor
A couple of years ago, I read Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and loved that book so much. I saw Love, Simon a while after that, but it didn't have the same effect as the novel, even though it was still enjoyable. As a TV series, Love, Victor won me over the same way Simon's story did in novel format. Ten episodes of this series is not enough for me and I really hope there is a second season coming, given how it left off. I haven't loved a show on Hulu this much since Four Weddings and a Funeral.
A couple of years ago, I read Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and loved that book so much. I saw Love, Simon a while after that, but it didn't have the same effect as the novel, even though it was still enjoyable. As a TV series, Love, Victor won me over the same way Simon's story did in novel format. Ten episodes of this series is not enough for me and I really hope there is a second season coming, given how it left off. I haven't loved a show on Hulu this much since Four Weddings and a Funeral.
Check out the trailer:
Some reasons you should be watching:
*Same producer and writer as This is Us (Isaac Aptaker), also featuring an actress from that show (Rachel Hilson, who plays young Beth on TIU also plays Mia on LV).
*Awesome theme song that I can't get out of my head!
*Michael Cimino is adorable as Victor
*Nick Robinson (Simon) has a cameo both in voice and in person
*So raw and honest, not just in regards to Victor, but also with the other characters on the show.
*Ana Ortiz from Ugly Betty (Betty's sister, Hilda) plays Victor's mom
*Felix and Lake come off as annoying at first, but then they both grow on you so much and they become as lovable as Victor.
*Victor's little brother is so sweet and funny.
*Ali Wong has a small part as a teacher and she's really funny.
What I love about both shows:
*They have other story lines aside from the main character's, which I love.
*They feature an LGBTQ theme, but on Never, it's for a supporting character.
*They have so many great moments that have made me laugh and cry.
*They have strong casts that work really well together.
*They have great kissing scenes (I won't say who is doing the kissing though...)
If you haven't seen either of these shows, get ready to binge-watch them both! If you have seen them, let me know your thoughts.


No comments:
Post a Comment