![]() |
| Photo courtesy of ABC News |
TW: If you support the previous President, you may not want to read any further. I am not sharing this post on social media. It's just for me to get my thoughts out and also commemorate this time in history.
It is now official, as Joe Biden has been inaugurated as the 46th President of the United States. I feel like our country has breathed a huge sigh of relief. I'm not talking about supporters vs. non-supporters (even though Biden said he'll represent ALL of America, not just those who kiss his feet), but the actual fate of our country. We no longer have a giant embarrassment running our country into the ground. We can finally earn back the respect of other countries by rejoining the groups that he-who-shall-not-be-named pulled us out of so stupidly and selfishly. He's signing executive orders to protect equal rights again. He's FINALLY making America great!
We've also made history with the first female Vice President! Someone posted a picture of a little girl watching Kamala on TV this past Wednesday and it was the first time I truly cried.
There's one line from Wicked that I keep thinking of, but I am changing one of the words:
"I do believe WE have been changed for the better."
I have high hopes for this country for the next four years (hopefully the next eight). However, there will be another election in 2024, and if we learned anything from the past four years, we should consider who may be running against Biden at that time. While I am very much a Democrat, if a Republican should win again, I would be okay with it if they met the following criteria:
*They represent ALL of America, not just their party. Country over party all the time.
*They don't have plans to reverse every executive order Biden puts in place, especially not out of spite.
*They value equality and diversity.
*They will shut down the domestic terrorists instead of calling them "fine people."
*They support gun control.
*They believe in science.
*They act their age.
*If they lose, they don't accuse the other party of "stealing" the votes.
*They represent our country in a positive way.
*They hire people who actually make sense in their roles, instead of those who will line their pockets.
*They tell the truth and don't accuse the media of being fake news.
*They have good family values.
Basically, they will be the opposite of he-who-shall-not-be-named in every possible way. That is the only way I could ever be okay with a Republican becoming President ever again. I have a feeling that the GOP is going to need a major upheaval and makeover in order to make that a possibility.
