I wrote some blogs about my sister a while ago, which you are welcome to read. They really say a lot of what I would normally say in a Friendship Friday post.
Sisterly Love
Let's get Together, yeah, yeah, yeah
In addition, I thought that I'd share some favorite moments between my sister and myself:
*Playing "Bribes" (how she spelled Barbies) in the basement for hours and hours
*Acting out different TV shows and movies
*Playing with our Cabbage Patch Kids and pretending to be mothers
*Babysitting the two coolest boys ever (aside from my own sons, of course)
*Working at Yen Yen together for a short period of time
*Driving to and from school together during my senior year (her freshman year)
*Being on speech team together and helping each other practice
*Our inside jokes
*Going to Long Grove after school to get stickers for her sticker collection
*Rushing home from the bus to watch "Degrassi High"
*Watching "Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead" countless times in one summer
*Going to Mama Mollie's pool every summer and then stopping by the used book store to get V.C. Andrews and Katherine Stone novels
*Waiting outside all day (the day after a snowstorm, no less) for front row tickets to "Rent"
*Roller skating in the basement even though it was carpeted (the cement floor underneath helped)
*Dressing up the cats and taking pictures (I'm sure they hated us for it)
*Visiting each other in college
*Getting to meet Adam Pascal in NYC (2001)
*Taking our trip to NYC in 2004 to visit some friends and see "Wicked"
*Being in dance recitals together
*Going to overnight camp together (even though I'd cry when she got homesick)
*Seeing chick flicks and campy films together
*Finally getting to see "Bare" after talking about it for 3 years
I have lots of fond memories of stuff my sister and I did together as well as with our parents. I look forward to creating many more in the future. No matter how far apart we live from each other, our sisterly bond is solid. I wish my sister a fabulous birthday and lots of good things to come her way in the year ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment