Inspired by One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern, I've decided to ask people some thought provoking questions about themselves, as I feel that everyone has a story to tell. If you're just joining me on this journey today, please check out the previous posts from this series, as well.
I met this storyteller through my book blog. I love her enthusiasm for chick lit and she has such a warm and lovable personality. She's closer in age to my parents and I could see her getting along well with them if she lived in their neck of the woods. However, I also forget that she's the age she says she is because she's so young at heart.
Name you'd like to go by: Connie
Age: 67
Gender: Female
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
What is an experience that is legendary for you?
My husband and I had the opportunity to move to Paris France to live for six years. He was "on loan" from his position at NASA to a NATO Research and Development organization located in Paris. In actuality, we went for a three-year tour in the late 1970s and he was asked to go again in the late 1980s. The first time we went, we had two small sons who attended the American School of Paris. We opted to live in a house in the suburbs in an area known as La Celle St. Cloud. I spent a lot of my time assisting in the children's classrooms and in the school library. The second time we went, was easier for me. Our older son was attending college in the U.S. and our younger son would finish his high school years at the American School of Paris. This time, we got a lovely apartment in the Neuilly part of Paris and I worked at the American Embassy. We were able to do a lot of traveling and we experienced so many wonderful things about this most amazing city. I recently read Paris, I Love You But You Are Bringing Me Down by Rosecrans Baldwin. It is a story about two American Ex-Patriates who decide to move and work in Paris. Their experiences are so familiar to me and only cement all of the things I learned while living there. If you have any interest in Paris, this might be a fun read for you.
What is your guilty pleasure?
My guilty pleasure is and always has been reading ever chance I get. I like all types of genres. My favorites are chick lit, historical and contemporary romance, biographies and non-fiction.
What is something you've never done but you would like to do?
I have been on some cruises before but I would love to take a cruise around the world. I realize it would be a long time, however, I feel that visiting all kinds of new places and learning about them would be thrilling.
If you could give someone one of your favorite things as a gift, what would it be and why?
I guess I sound like a broken record, however, I would give books as gifts. It's my favorite thing to receive so why not give what I love?
What is something you did that changed someone's life?
That's a really hard question. As the proud mother of two wonderful, grown sons, I would like to think that I had a hand in bringing them up in a good way so that they turned out to be the fabulous men that they are today.
What part of your personality is now extinct?
I think that would have to fall under how I had to always be so professional when I was working. Now that I'm retired, I feel as though I can be myself all day every day. This means if I want to be a goofball, I can and no one can fire me! ;-)
What is one thing that you find really funny?
I adore cats and could easily be a Crazy Cat Lady. We have two kitties and watching and laughing at their antics all day brings me so much joy.
Tell me one thing you love about yourself (or a gift you'd like to get yourself, where money is not an issue):
As a 19-year breast cancer survivor, I would love to give myself and others the priceless gift of eradicating cancer from this world.
What TV show, book or movie is most like your life?
While I cannot actually pinpoint anything in particular, it would have to be something where humor and laughter is always occurring. My husband and I like to think that we grew up with our sons and we all had such fun during this time. Even today, we love to get together and jokes are always at the top of the agenda.
What is something that not many people know about you?
My father passed away leaving my Mom with three little children under the age of three. While things were not easy when we were kids, we learned to make do, be strong and get along with what we had. I am so very thankful for the great upbringing my Mother gave us. She taught us the truly good values in life and to love one another. What more could one ask for?
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you, Melissa, for allowing me to tell my story today. I love this feature of your blog.
Great interview Melissa!
Connie, you are one awesome woman! How did I get so lucky to know you!
HUGS!
Mel
(((HUGS))) Connie!
I met Connie and her husband last year and had the best time with them! She loves to laugh and is the sweetest person. :)
Great interview. :)
Awesome interview
Post a Comment