Friday, May 9, 2014

Isn't it Romantic?

I'm still floating on a natural high from the season finale of The Mindy Project, which has to be one of the most romantic episodes of a TV show, at least in my book! I also recently read some chick lit novels related to rom-coms and chick flicks: What Nora Knew by Linda Yellin and Love Like the Movies by Victoria Van Tiem. I also read an article about how The Fault in Our Stars is expected to be the most romantic movie of 2014. In lieu of this, I want to share about some of my favorite romantic movies, as well as some of my favorite on-screen kisses.

Favorite Romantic Movies (most don't need any explanation):
While You Were Sleeping
The Notebook
Where the Heart is (The one with Natalie Portman and Ashley Judd)
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
50 First Dates
Dirty Dancing
The Princess Bride
Titanic
Like Water for Chocolate
Life is Beautiful (I know it is about the Holocaust, but before that part happens, Guido says the most romantic thing to Dora. I love how he goes about pursuing her and even how he tries to communicate with her at the concentration camp.)
Sleepless in Seattle
When Harry Met Sally
The Wedding Singer
One Fine Day (This little gem starring George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer seemed to slip through the cracks, but it was a sweet story.)
Beauty and the Beast (especially when the Beast gives Belle his library...)
Love Actually (Some people have argued that it's not really that romantic, but Jamie's story takes the cake. I also love Sam's story line and the part with the Prime Minister is sweet too.)

Favorite Kisses:
The Mindy Project: The one on the airplane and the one on the season finale. Both are impossible to forget!

Clueless: On the stairs, when Cher gets interrupted with the kiss. I always cry when that happens!

50 First Dates: Right before Henry and Lucy part ways. So sad, but so heartfelt too. If Adam Sandler kissed me that way, I'd forget what I wanted to forget about.

Never Been Kissed: The kiss Josie has been waiting for...

Ten Things I Hate About You: At the paintball field

How I Met Your Mother: When Lily finally gets Marshall back after returning from her art sabbatical in California (after trying to scare off the girl with crazy eyes).

Friends: The one with the prom video

The Princess Bride: "Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind."

Aladdin: When the carpet pushes Aladdin up to kiss Jasmine.

Chasing Amy: After the whole love profession and fight, when they're outside in the rain.

That Thing You Do: Talk about being honestly kissed....

2 comments:

Janine said...

Great list. My favorite romantic movie would be The Notebook. Favorite kiss is from that movie too.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Awesome list.

I so love Sleepless in Seattle. Such a great movie.