Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Hey, It's Okay Tuesday

One of my favorite blogs, Airing My Laundry, does a post every week that was inspired by a section of Glamour magazine. She invites her followers to do their own posts like this. I had fun doing this a month or so ago (and even made a new blogger friend, as a result), so I thought I'd do it again. Since I don't do this weekly, my list will be long.

It's okay...

*To not think Caddyshack was funny other than maybe one or two parts.

*To be excited that my older son is turning 10 in less than a week.

*To not feel ready for the High Holidays AT ALL.

Picture from a few years ago to
make up for the challah I haven't baked yet.

*To be happy for my husband about his new job, but to also wish the commute were way shorter.

*To be annoyed that "school the next day" is not motivating my kids to go to bed earlier.

*To be happy for my daughter starting her last year of Pre-K, but also wistful because it means she's getting older.

*To want to show my kids some movies I liked when I was younger. Like UHF, for starters.



*To be sick and tired of all the news being about the Kardashians or the Duggars.

*To be happy that the county clerk in Kentucky has to go to jail and to enjoy all the memes about her hypocrisy. I especially love the OITNB one with Big Boo.

*To put off household chores in favor of watching Parenthood.

*To prioritize After You (by Jojo Moyes) over other books in my TBR pile.

*To have not had birthday parties for any of my kids this year and celebrated by doing special things as a family instead. The latest was taking everyone to a hotel (with a pool, of course) for my older son's birthday.

*To wish it were autumn already. Bring on 50 degrees and fallen leaves. And, of course...PUMPKIN! Sorry, Scary Mommy!




Airing My Dirty Laundry

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh I love Caddyshack! Anything Chevy Chase really.

Kathylama said...

I agree with the fall comment! Bring on fall, already!

Sara said...

I'm also showing my boys the movies/tv shows I enjoyed when they were kids. Hey, my dad held me hostage and did it to me. Time to continue on with the tradition! Great post!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I am so jealous that you have After You! I cannot wait to read that.

Mmm. Challah. I'd never bake it, but I'd buy it! So good.

Janine said...

Awesome list. I'm ready for fall too.

susieqlaw said...

Love this list!