Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pure imagination

Did you miss us? Blog Project 3.0 was on hiatus for a few months, but now we're back! This group has been going on for about two years, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.

This week, Froggie chose the topic: I would have never imagined...

First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.

Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock

This topic requires a list.

I would have never imagined...

*That we would reach the year that Back to the Future II took place. See what they got wrong about this year. Then see what they got right.

*That more than half my life has been spent on the Internet. (Do the math...)

*That I would live in a different state from the one I grew up in.

*That I'd be less than a year away from the big 4-0 and that this age wouldn't feel as old as it seemed when I was a kid.

*That my book blog would do so well over the course of five years, or that I'd be overwhelmed by my book collection...

*That someone I completely despise can share a birthday with someone I completely love.

*That I'd be at the same job for almost six years. Goes beyond my three-years-at-the-most average.

*That Betty White would outlast all the other Golden Girls. I love Betty, but I really was expecting Rue or Estelle to live the longest. (Sorry, Bea!)

*That I'd be listening to a hip-hop and rap musical about Alexander Hamilton, written by the creator of In the Heights.

*That I could go to a restaurant where people leave their laptops and cell phones unattended, but someone would rather steal my magazine.

*That the music I grew up with would be grouped into the "oldies" category. Sorry, but Madonna and Michael Jackson do not belong in the same category as Elvis and The Beatles.

*That I'd be a mom for a decade.

*That I'd go from spending Yom Kippur afternoon at McDonald's when I was a kid to spending most of it at Shul as an adult. (Need more of an explanation for this one? Look no further.)

*That I'd finally lose the post-pregnancy weight after three years. I was looking at pictures from early 2014 and now and can definitely see a difference.

*That I'd cave into purchasing a Kindle. It kept me company during the long wait for an oil change earlier this week. Not that I couldn't have brought a paperback, but it's nice to not have my e-reader tied to my computer!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I love your take on this topic! Oh, and, I feel you on the oldies thing. 80's and 90's aren't oldies music! That's just insane to me!

Samantha said...

Haha omgosh it is crazy how much things change and how what you'd least expect would happen, happens! I leave my cell phone unattended all the time. So weird!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I think I need to buy a Kindle too. Another one, I mean. I had one, but Natalie broke it.