We will be posting bi-weekly as life keeps getting in the way.
Darwin Shrugged: Write about a time you changed your mind
First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.
Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock
Time for the airing of grievances...or at least one grievance for now!
Well, not anymore. I refuse to think of him as a President. I won't even use the word "President" next to his name, nor will I use the words "Vice President" next to his running mate's name. I kept thinking that I would give him a chance to earn my respect. It's been only a little over a month and he has completely destroyed any chance of receiving respect from me or the millions upon millions who did NOT vote for him. The fact that his opponent COULD have won, if popular votes held more weight than electoral votes, makes me nauseous. What is the point of electoral votes anyway? And what is the point of an electoral college who can't even DO THEIR JOB?!? We now have a giant Cheet (or is it "cheat")-o who won't listen to intelligence briefings, allowed Russia to hack the votes, freaks out about portrayals of him on SNL but is not worried about what is happening in Syria, tells people to threaten anyone who doesn't agree with him, plans to still run his business while in office, plans to NOT live in the White House, hires people who only serve of interest to him (at the detriment of the country), etc. The list goes on and on and on.
So yes, I am truly appalled, disgusted, dismayed, anxious, upset, frustrated, depressed, etc. over this decision and the inability to stop it. All I can think now is that I WANT there to be anarchy. I want people to be civilly disobedient. I want everyone to make him so damn effing miserable that he quits before he even gets inaugurated (and takes his homophobic running mate with him). I want him to feel even worse than teens who are cyber-bullied on a daily basis. Is that too much to ask?
And no...this rage is NOT because the candidate I wanted lost. Not even close to it. If Obama had lost to a Republican, I would not have been happy, but I would have dealt with it. I dealt with Dubya for eight years, after all. That is because he had the capacity to be a President. He didn't incite hatred. He didn't tweet stupid sh*t when he was being challenged. He didn't appoint people that served his own interests. No. This time around, things are WAY different. He's a complete joke all over the world and I also worry that this could start a war, now that we have such a weak link that will cooperate with other countries at the expense of ours.
I don't know how long we'll be able to tolerate this as a country, but I hope everyone will be loud in speaking out against all the acts of hatred, all the undoing of our progress, all the violations of the Constitution, etc. Please help me make some noise here. "When you've got a million voices singing, who can hear a lousy whistle blow?" ("The World Will Know," Newsies)
The Dixie Chicks said it best...and this was during the Dubya administration:
All I know is that I would rather eat avocados than take any of that orange medicine. And that is saying a lot since I think avocados are disgusting. However, everything about the Cheeto is vile and repulsive. Beyond disgusting.
Since we need to use humor to cope with all of this (thank you Alec Baldwin, who now has a job on SNL for the next four years), I've made a list of people (and characters) who would be better Presidents than the Cheeto. (I'll limit it to 10...for now.)
1. David S. Pumpkins
2. SpongeBob SquarePants (I find him incredibly annoying, but still a better alternative. At least he's happy all the time.)
3. The "autopilot" from Airplane!
4. Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear
5. The Burger King Mascot
6. Heihei from Moana
7. Jar Jar Binks (now you can see how much I really hate the Cheeto, if it wasn't apparent before.)
8. Tobias Fünke as Mrs. Featherbottom
9. The Demogorgon from Stranger Things because it is not as scary as a demagogue.
10. Caillou (I would tolerate his whiny attitude for the next four years over Cheeto's anyday!)
This is definitely not the end of my ranting. I will continue to post all the evil he is inflicting on our country whenever possible, in hopes to spread the word. I know there are people who are even angrier than I am. I felt sick having to tell my kids the results from the Electoral College's decision. Even my youngest child hates him so much that she calls him "stupid" and makes masks that depict how evil he is. She even imitates his facial expressions. If he's making THAT great of an impression on children, the feeling for adults is 10 times worse! (I envy my children's innocence right now. All they know is that he's a bad person. They don't know how worried we truly are.)
Some articles of interest, that also say exactly how I feel:
How Americans who did not vote for the Cheeto are feeling
A columnist's response to Cheeto supporters
And then this:


1 comment:
Melissa, I was right there with you until you said you don't like avocados. :) Seriously though, you said everything I think on a daily basis. I cannot believe it has gotten to where it has and I'm truly fearful for the future of this country.
Post a Comment