Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Hey, It's Okay Tuesday

One of my favorite blogs, Airing My Laundry, does a post every week that was inspired by a section of Glamour magazine. She invites her followers to do their own posts like this. I enjoy doing this a every so often, so I thought it's time for another list. Since I don't do this weekly, my list will be long.

It's okay...

*To have not done an "it's okay" post in a while. (Last time was in July!)

*To have not made any new years resolutions.

*To have brought in 2017 by watching two family friendly movies with my husband, kids, and best friend.

*To have liked the new version of Pete's Dragon a lot. Especially since the old version is going to be on the list of Disney movies I don't like (coming soon).

*To start watching The Gilmore Girls soon because I told my best friend that I would since she watched This is Us at my behest (and now loves it).

*That I've wanted to be lazy over the weekend.

*To not care that Mariah Carey messed up during the NYE broadcast. At this point, all negative attention should be focused on someone who is about to run our country.

*To hope that 2017 will be easier on everyone.

*To not want to read certain books just because they are bestsellers or have high ratings.

*To have read almost 80 books in 2016. My goal was 100, but I'm still impressed with myself. I set a lower goal this year, just to feel more productive.

*To have ugly cried during Sing. Like, a lot.



*To have not sent holiday cards out this past year. I did virtual ones, but that was about it.

*To still do these posts on a Tuesday, even though Airing My Laundry does them whenever.

*To not have been impressed with the movie version of Bridget Jones's Baby, even though I adored the book.

*To finally be finished with season two of Fuller House and excited for season three. I hope to write more about season two soon.

*To be glad that my kids are going back to school and are in a routine again.

Airing My Dirty Laundry

4 comments:

Sara said...

Great list! I agree on Gilmore Girls. It's a great show. :)

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

I'm glad you're going to watch Gilmore Girls! I haven't watched Season 2 of Fuller House yet because I'm still watching Parenthood, and catching up on my regular shows. I liked Sing, but it didn't make me cry, lol!

Nikki said...

Great post, I'm just writing my very first It's Ok list now, it feels very therapeutic! I'm hoping 2017 is a much nicer year too, 2016 was pretty rough all around the world! It seems that I need to watch Sing too, all 3 It's Ok posts I've read so far have mentioned it! x

www.twentysomethingmuddle.com

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yay Gilmore Girls! I love it. I hope you love it too. I tried to get another friend to watch but she said Lorelei was too immature for her. I was like !!

I enjoyed Sing too.

I'm so glad you joined in with Hey, It's Okay :)