Friday, February 3, 2017

All over that Rainbow

The way things are going in our country right now, some comic relief is definitely needed. My go-to humorist is the clever, talented, and wickedly funny...Randy Rainbow! He's like Broadway's answer to Weird Al. Perhaps snarkier. When he puts out a new video, my day is complete. And yes, he makes fun of the Cheeto all the time and doesn't apologize for it. The Cheeto is too worried about Alec Baldwin or his imagined popularity and grandeur to attack Randy, which is just fine by me. I even let my kids listen to some of the videos that aren't offensive and they think he is funny too.

I'm sharing some of his videos that I like best. I recently discovered that he does more than just ridicule the Cheeto. He has some stuff out there from a few years ago that just has me in tears (the good kind).

Here's a video he did prior to the Tony's. Probably one of the better "Alexander Hamilton" parodies out there!


This is one of my favorites. Done after the Hamilton "incident" in November.


If you've never seen Into the Woods or don't know all the songs that well, you won't appreciate this as much as I did.


This was my introduction to Randy. He had me at "Super..."


I just found it recently. While I love that he used a song from Thoroughly Modern Millie, it also is bittersweet.



I also just found this recently...a RENT parody!!! So perfectly funny.


He also does great interviews that rival the ones Weird Al has done in the past. His interviews remind me of a friend I grew up with who would make tapes where he was interviewing our Rabbi and fitting in all the Hebrew words to match his questions (or vice versa). Most of them are political, but I'll keep it neutral for now. He did a funny interview with Barbra Streisand last year.



This is just a taste of his awesomeness. If you like these, visit him at his YouTube channel, as well as on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments: