Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Fourteen years of laughter



Today is my fourteen-year anniversary with my husband. To celebrate, I want to share some of the many ways he makes me laugh.

*Making up songs and trying to find things that rhyme to get to what he wants to say.

*Changing the words in books when he reads to the kids, so that they sound Jewish. (My favorite was "Uncle Pinchas" in a Pink Panther book.)

*When I know he's about to make something up because he has a certain smile and tone of voice when he does it.

*His celebrity impressions, especially of Milton from Office Space. He also could rival Alec Baldwin with a certain impression.



*Referencing our inside jokes.

*When he calls me out on something I'm doing so that I'm hyper-aware of it afterward.

*When he laughs...since his laughter is contagious.

*When he sends me random videos or articles but includes a funny subject line.

*His fun with Photo Shop.

*When he reads my mind (or vice versa)

*When we makes personalized cards for me that usually involve our inside jokes, or when he writes funny things on a card he bought.

No matter what, my husband is always able to make me laugh and I always tell him that he missed his calling as a comedian. He tells me that I'd have to clone myself to be a good audience for him. I do feel that laughter is extremely important for a marriage to go the distance and I'm so thankful I've found someone who will make me laugh until I am doubled over and tears are streaming down my face.
http://www.inktastic.com

6 comments:

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Great that he makes you laugh, my husband makes me laugh too.

Janine said...

Happy anniversary!

susieqlaw said...

Happy Aniversary.

The Book Sage said...

Great list, Melissa. And I totally agree with you about laughter. I believe that in order to have a successful relationship you must be able to laugh, oftentimes at yourself! And it is just as important in parenting. Very nice!

wayne said...

What a great tribute to Jeff and your 14 years of marriage.

Sara said...

I'm so happy for the both of you! Happy Anniversary!!!