Friday, March 13, 2020

Sweet Sixteen!

My husband and I are celebrating 16 years of marriage this weekend. How is that even possible when it feels like we just got married yesterday?!? (The spark is still going strong!) In honor of our special day, I am going to post a little bit about the vacation we took for our 15-year anniversary, as I never got around to it before. (I don't even know how that happened.) We went to Miami last year, at the end of April. It was our first vacation without kids since our trip to Las Vegas in 2006, so we were long overdue! We stayed at an Airbnb, which was nice and in a good location. It was a bit of a walk to the beach, but nothing we couldn't handle. Right before we got to the beach, there was an area to sit that had a great cross breeze from the ocean. It felt so nice to sit there!

We spent some time on the first day just walking along the beach. The second day, we spent some more time there, playing in the ocean. We also spent time at Wynwood, which has really cool graffiti artwork. On the first night, we walked around South Beach. On the second night, we went to downtown Miami to see a comedy show. (It turned out to be an amateur night, but we still had fun.) We also went to some great Kosher restaurants. My favorite was Backyard Barbecue. The brisket there was incredible! On our last day, we walked around the Botanic Gardens for a while.

Overall, it was a really enjoyable trip and I still think about it a lot. I'm sharing some pictures here. Enjoy!



The following photos were taken at Wynwood:






South Beach at night. It was really busy for a Monday!



We saw these lizards all over the place!

Miami at night. I love how relaxing the ocean looks.

I'm hoping we won't have to wait another 13 years to do another trip as a couple. Until then, I also look forward to more trips with our kids. I love my husband and our 16 years of marriage have been incredibly sweet!