Thursday, July 3, 2014

I can't get on board with that...

My blog project group is taking a break this week in lieu of the upcoming holiday weekend. However, Thursdays somehow feel empty to me if I don't post something. I've been meaning to post about stuff that a lot of people like but doesn't appeal to me at all. I was inspired after reading a post by Amber over at Airing My Dirty Laundry. Her blog is one of my favorites and I visit it all the time. This post is proof that we have a lot in common.

What I agree with from Amber's post:


Coffee: I've never liked the taste of it. My husband won me over when he suggested we meet for hot cocoa since neither of us drink coffee to begin with.

Seafood: "If it lived in the sea, it won't go in me" is my motto.

Mushrooms: Just...no. Alright?

(See what other foods I won't eat.)




Running: My BFF is the runner in our relationship. I just can't bring myself to do it. I am a walker.

High heels: I don't like shoe shopping to begin with, but wearing comfortable shoes is a must! High heels don't even look comfortable! I am not good with even a slight heel that has support, given those were what I was wearing when I face planted back in February. So high heels are not an option for me.



Here are things that are all me (and maybe you will agree or disagree with them):

The biggest drama show crazes these days such as Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Grey's Anatomy (does anyone still watch it?), etc. I even gave up on Homeland halfway into the first season. I love Orange is the New Black though, but that has some comedy elements too.

Speaking of comedy...I don't like most of the latest comedy films and don't get what is so funny about the ones I've seen so far (Bridesmaids, for example). I fall asleep during them. There were only a few new movies that really made me laugh over the past few years (and one of them is too offensive for me to even recommend without feeling guilty somehow). I'm really hoping Bad Words doesn't disappoint because I have high hopes for it!

Dance competition shows. They just bore me, even if actors from my favorite 80s shows are on them. How many ways can people do the same moves and try to make them look different? I just don't get it!

Still loyal to the Cubs though...
I'm a Chicago gal at heart!
Sports. I don't follow baseball, football, March Madness, World Cup, Olympics, etc.

Anything about vampires, so Twilight, True Blood, Vampire Diaries, etc. I just can't bring myself to watch (or read).

And speaking of Twilight, I can't see the appeal of certain book series such as 50 Shades of Grey, Hunger Games, Divergent, etc. I can also agree with Amber about Harry Potter, even though my older son is reading those books now. I tried the movies and even lost interest in those after a while.

Superhero stuff, such as Avengers and X-Men. I just don't get what's so great about all that.

Frozen. I think that's pretty obvious by now, but I still need to say it anyway. I don't get why this particular Disney movie that didn't even get nominated for Best Picture is doing better than Beauty and the Beast did. Is it all due to social media? As Jerry Seinfeld would say: "WHAT is the DEAL?"

Bacon in everything, and not just because I keep Kosher. Long before I started keeping Kosher, I tried bacon. I do not like the way it tastes. So I don't get why people want to put it in cookies, muffins, ice cream, etc.

Most of today's hit music. I can't tell the songs apart and don't know who sings what anymore. I usually listen to country or any of my CDs instead of the pop music stations.

What are the popular things that don't work for YOU?

3 comments:

Janine said...

I don't care for any of the talent shows on tv. How many singers or dancers do we have to watch? I don't like sports either. All the World Cup talk bores me to death. Food? Anything with onions. I just can't do them, not even if food has been touched with one. I know it eliminates half of the dishes on the planet. But, I'm ok with that. Outdoor activities in the summer. I hear people talking all the time about the fun they have. But, in Texas, it's too hot for me to be outside. I don't like sweating or getting sunburned.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Sports bore me to tears. I just don't CARE.

Mmmmm, bacon....

I do like a lot of popular TV shows though. Game of Thrones. Homeland. Walking Dead. But I watch too much TV....

Sara said...

I'm also against coffee and high heels. But I love the dance shows and Game of Thrones. It's interesting how we all have such different ideas of what we can or can't get on board with! Oh, and sports? Yeah. Boring. I just don't get it.