Thursday, October 22, 2015

A peek into my diary?

Blog Project 3.0 has been going on for about two years, even though one of the group members changed after a few months. I love blogging with this group and I hope we can continue to inspire each other.

This week, Froggie chose the topic: How does your blogging differ from when you first started blogging?

First, read what everyone else had to share on this topic. I will be only posting links to posts on this same topic from my group. So check back if you were hoping to read their blogs and don't see a link yet.

Darwin Shrugged
Froggie
Moma Rock

I never really gave this question much thought until Froggie brought it up. I've technically been blogging for a long time. It really started with Free Open Diary, which is no longer around. That was where I got the idea that a blog was like a diary that other people could have access to. However, it was more anonymous in nature, so random people who didn't actually know me could read my thoughts.

A few years later, Free Open Diary closed down, taking all my entries with it. Probably better that way, come to think of it. I then started using Blogger, but let a few people I know read my posts. I was still treating it as a diary in some ways and also sharing my thoughts on Desperate Housewives, as I had become addicted to that show.

I later decided to stop using Blogger for a while and switched to LiveJournal, where I could keep certain things as "friends-only" or "private" and others as open. I haven't used LJ in a long time and don't even know if it's still around. I shared some posts from there in my Time Warp Tuesday series back in 2010 (if you click on the link, some of the posts with this label are just focusing on memories). I also used the blog feature on MySpace, but that was slightly less personal.

Then, in late 2009, I started up in Blogger again with this blog. I moved away from the diary format and mostly started sharing memories, anecdotes, thoughts on pop culture, etc. Just stuff that makes me who I am. I even did some weekly features, such as the aforementioned Time Warp Tuesday, Friendship Friday, Funny Friday, etc. I even spent a year sharing information about random people, in an interview format, and called it "52 Stories." There's also the Thursday blog project that has been going on for quite some time now. Aside from that, I tend to write lists or participate in fun blog activities. While some of my posts may get personal at times, they don't feel like a diary as much. I'm thinking of rolling out something new for 2016 that goes along with a recent post about missing my calling.

As far as my book blog goes, it doesn't feel like a blog to me as much as a forum to talk about books and connect readers with authors. I don't know why I even call it a blog, if that makes any sense. It obviously is, but it seems like so much more than that. Maybe because there are multiple contributors, even though I handle the administration? I definitely think it has evolved a lot from when I first started it and I'm sure it will continue to go through more changes and growth as I keep it going.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad you blog. I really enjoy being part of the group, and reading what you have to say!

Denise K. said...

Am with Sara! Love your perspective and your humor.

Samantha said...

I love that you blog! You are always fun and interesting to read!

Janine said...

I always enjoy your blog. I may not always comment if it's something that I can't relate to, but I enjoy reading it.