Thursday, April 21, 2016

Book Giveaway: Katherine Stone novels

When I was in college, I mainly read horror novels and V.C. Andrews books. I didn’t really break away from that genre until someone from my V.C. Andrews fan club recommended I read Katherine Stone’s romance novels. Romance?!? That was furthest from my mind as I was getting through a break-up with my first boyfriend. However, I checked out Roommates and was impressed. I then went on to read Happy Endings and couldn’t get enough. After that, I devoured each and every Katherine Stone novel I could get my hands on. I got my sister and a friend hooked on them, as well.

Katherine's books were definitely a source of comfort and solace during an emotional time in my life. They gave me hope that the right man for me was out there. When I finally met him, I still read Katherine’s novels anyway, as I was hooked by then. I even rushed to finish The Cinderella Hour before I went into labor with my first child. I think Katherine wrote a couple more after that time, but then she just stopped.

Since that time, I’ve read novels by other authors that give off a Katherine Stone feel, such as Juliet Madison’s “Tarrin’s Bay” series (of which I just reviewed the fourth book recently) or some novels I read recently by Susan Mallery and Debbie Macomber. Even some of Kristin Hannah’s books gave off a Katherine Stone feel, but that could also have been the Seattle setting talking.

Some of my favorites are Happy Endings, Rainbows, Pearl Moon, Promises, and Illusions. I'm sure that nowadays, I'd be casting them all for Hollywood!


Last year, I found Katherine on Facebook and told her how much I love her books. She responded with a sweet message. It was amazing to be able to connect with her to let her know how special her books are.

And guess what...I have some books of hers to share with TWO lucky readers in the US and/or Canada! Just enter via Rafflecopter.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


US/Canada only. Giveaway ends April 26th at midnight EST.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

I chose Illusions because of the title only. I am not familiar with her books. I like a dash of romance here and there. Who doesn't?

susieqlaw said...

Happy Endings! I love happy endings.

Janine said...

All of the books sound good. I would choose Pearl Moon because I like the sisters theme and the setting in Hong Kong gets my attention. I love exotic settings in books.

Judy said...

I love Katherine Stone, I think I've read all of her books. My Fave? Pearl Moon!!!

Suburban prep said...

I have read what I think are all of her books and I would say Bel AIr.

Sara said...

I think it's great that you were able to connect with the author like that, I bet she enjoyed hearing from you, too!

Jennifer said...

The Cinderella Hour just because the title sounds so lovely!

holdenj said...

She would be a new to me read, and I think Pearl Moon sounds good. I like both Macomber and Mallery, so would love a chance to check these out.

Letty Blanchard said...

Katherine Stone is a new author to me. I've read the synopsis for all of her books and they all sound sound good and want to read them all. I think I would start with Pearl Moon first, though.

Nova said...

The Cinderella Hour.