I've decided to take inventory of some past lists I've made, and do some updates. Hoping for more fun and entertainment in 2020!
Movies I enjoyed in 2019:
1. Life Itself
2. Bohemian Rhapsody
3. Isn't It Romantic?
4. Instant Family
5. Toy Story 4
6. Rocketman
7. Fighting With My Family
8. Jumanji: The Next Level
9. The Farewell
Top Ten Favorite Books I read in 2019. (Some may be from previous years or publishing in 2020.)
I've shared my top five chick lit favorites at Chick Lit Central (as Melissa A). I read so many amazing books this year (go to my Goodreads page and see all the five-star books) and am sad to have to narrow it down at all. Links are to reviews.
1. The Huntress by Kate Quinn
2. No Place Like Here by Christina June
3. In Another Time by Jillian Cantor
4. The Prophetess by Evonne Marzouk
5. Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid
6. The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell by Robert Dugoni
7. Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren
8. Big Lies in a Small Town by Diane Chamberlain
9. The Language of Sisters by Amy Hatvany
10. Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
New (to me) TV shows that I enjoyed in 2019:
1. Dead to Me
2. Shrill
3. Four Weddings and a Funeral
4. Pen15
5. The Politician
6. Russian Doll
Favorite moments of 2019:
1. Seeing School of Rock with my family.
2. Seeing a community theater production of Heathers with my older son. We've been addicted to the cast recording, so it was cool to see it played out. It was a fantastic production too!
3. Going to Miami with my husband to celebrate 15 years of marriage. (And yes, I still need to blog about this.)
4. Going to Rehoboth Beach with my family at the end of the summer. (I also need to blog about this.)
5. Seeing Dear Evan Hansen with my husband and older son.
6. My younger son graduating from elementary school.
7. Some great accomplishments for my kids in school, including straight A's for my sons, two peacemaker awards for my daughter, my older son becoming a student director and SGA vice-president, my younger son getting a star student honor after his first month in middle school, etc.
8. The Broadway themed Halloween costumes I helped my kids put together: Mark from Rent and Regina from Mean Girls.
9. My older son and I dressing as Adam and Beverly Goldberg (from the TV series) for Purim and having our tweet acknowledged by the real Adam Goldberg.
10. Reaching 10 years at my job.
Bonus: A New Year's visit from my BFF, which will take place after this is posted, but I'm always glad to see her.
**I forgot to mention seeing Rachel Bloom perform live. She was hilarious!**
Monday, December 30, 2019
Best of 2019
Labels:
books,
family,
happiness,
Memories,
motherhood,
movies,
pop culture,
television,
theater,
travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment