![]() |
| Photo from Teen Nick |
Since there's a whole new batch of characters, I thought I'd weigh in again on some favorites, as well as people I don't like.
New favorites:
*Holly J: She started off the same way Paige did, as the mean girl. However, she's changed so much and has become so likable. I find myself rooting for her all the time.
*Peter: He also changed a lot from how he started out. I like how he turned the space above The Dot into a club.
*Jane: I liked her as soon as she started on the show. She's just so genuine. She has such a great singing voice too.
*Zane: Not only is he adorable, but he's also a good balance for Riley and I love how he is supporting him in coming out.
*Sav: He used to annoy me, but he's grown a spine recently and I also like how kind and good-natured he is.
People I don't like:
*Drew and Adam's mom: She's just so frustrating in every possible way. She's not only hard on her kids, but she abuses her power on the school board.
*Bobby's defense lawyer: She is what I imagine Amy Coney Barrett is going to be like soon enough.
*Owen: Even though he tried to redeem himself at the end of season ten, he still thinks women want to be with him just because he's a football player. I also can't forgive his homophobic behavior.
*Wesley: See why in my thoughts on season ten.
*Bianca: Although she is starting to become more likable, she is going to have to show some vulnerability before I can completely change my mind on this matter.
Check out my first post about this series.
Check out my thoughts on seasons three and four.
Check out my thoughts on seasons five and six.
Check out my thoughts on seasons seven and eight.
Season nine:
I wanted to smack Peter for getting addicted to meth so quickly. I'm glad he realized he was in trouble and asked his mom to come back home. I'm also so glad that Mrs. H is principal again.
Alli was acting so stupid with sexting Johnny. What did she think would come of it? I'm glad Mrs. H gave her a good talking-to.
Where did Derek disappear to? It's the middle of the school year and no one even mentioned that he wasn't around. I didn't like him, but still...
I don't trust Jenna. And my lack of trust was validated.
I like Fiona a lot already. I was hoping she'd be a better singer though. Too funny!
Not so fond of the new theme song voice. It doesn't work as well with a male singer.
They took Liberty out of the credits. I wonder if she'll still make any appearances.
Jane is being a coward in regards to breaking up with Spinner. If she does it, then maybe he can get with Holly instead. It seems like things resolved themselves and now Holly is with Declan. I like that Holly and Jane are friends though.
What is with Manny's lip piercing? And is she done with college now that she's in a movie?
The new basketball coach was sooooo creepy. I'm glad the cops apprehended him at the game. I hope he gets arrested.
I love that Ed from Barenaked Ladies plays the music teacher.
I was annoyed with Riley for wanting to get conversion therapy, but I'm glad he's starting to come around to accepting himself as gay.
I feel like all these changes with Emma happened out of the blue. I'm glad she's trying to figure out what she wants for herself. Kelly was being a tool so I'm glad that's done with.
It's nice to see Marco back as a student teacher. He got even cuter! I hope he can help Riley in some way.
I'm actually glad Sav and Anya broke up. Their relationship was dysfunctional. He was lying to her a lot and then he got mad when she lied to him one time. Sav annoys me in general as he doesn't seem to have a spine most of the time.
I love that there was a Rocky Horror poster in the drama room.
Zane is really cute. I'm glad he's getting Riley to come out a bit more. I actually got emotional when Riley kissed him.
I love that Clare told K.C. off. I feel bad that he used her to try to pass the exam. I totally can't stand Jenna.
Jane is such a great singer. She has great stage personality too. It sucks what happened between Jane and Spinner, but I guess the Declan situation was eventually going to come back and haunt her. I am kind of digging Spinner and Emma together now. I love that they got married. I'm glad Jane didn't actually stop the wedding from happening.
Funny about the meta Drake mention.
I've lost my admiration for Fiona. She was being such a brat. Does she have a Flowers in the Attic thing going in regards to Declan? I actually was glad when Holly locked her in the room. I have a feeling this is just the beginning of that war though. It was so gross that Fiona kissed Declan. I'm glad he finally stood up to her.
I love Liberty's new hairstyle. It works really well for her. I'm not as much of a fan of Spike's hairstyle though.
Season ten:
I love what they did with The Dot. It's weird that Spinner isn't there and that he's not in the credits anymore. I feel like all of the cast from the first six or so seasons is gone now. Except for Snake, of course.
I love that Snake is principal. That was long overdue.
I love Clare's new hairstyle. It frames her face nicely.
I'm surprised they're keeping Declan and Fiona around now that they're in New York, but whatever it takes... I am glad Fiona has become nice again. Her boyfriend is such a jerk. It's good that they moved her back to Degrassi. I feel bad that she's under so much stress over it. I'm glad Fiona won the deposition, even if she didn't win Holly's heart. I'm glad Declan decided not to go back to Degrassi after all. I didn't like how Declan was being so pushy over getting back together.
I didn't recognize KC in the credits and thought he was off the show. Oops! He changed so much! Connor grew up a lot too. And Anya's teeth look great post-braces.
The whole situation with Holly and Sav for the election was all kinds of messed up. Even though I like Holly, I'm annoyed that she put Anya in that situation. She can't really blame anyone for it backfiring on her. I'm annoyed that Anya and Sav are back together though. I don't think it will last since it's already going south again. And now he and Holly are together, which is surprising. I like their chemistry, but if it didn't work for Sav to be with Anya, why would this work either? Their little plan is going to backfire. Too bad Holly lost interest in Sav anyway. He's become more of a catch these days.
I like Eli. He is definitely ballsy and it cracks me up that he drives a hearse. I think he and Clare could be really cute together. Of course, there is the drama between him and Fitz, which is kind of getting old. I was worried about another JT situation happening. Even though Eli gets in over his head, I still am rooting for him. There's something so unique about his look too. I love that the actress who plays Jocelyn on Schitt's Creek plays Eli's mom. Of course, he has to go and get all intense now. Grrr...
OMG there are 44 episodes this season. Wow. I guess it's 22 hour-long episodes if you combine each two-parter.
I'm so annoyed with Riley for trying to hide that he is gay. It's worth coming out in order to be with Zane. I'm so glad he finally did. He and Zane are so cute together! It's sad how Riley's mom is acting and I hope she'll come around.
I don't know if I like Drew or not. He's being a jerk to Riley in order to get his way, but then he's also really cute flirting with Alli. Then again, he cheated on her. I kind of like him with Bianca, but I also think she's a bad influence on him. Time will tell, I guess.
I don't think KC is being fair to his mom. I feel bad for her because she is trying so hard to make things right. I'm glad Jenna stood up for her. I'm starting to respect Jenna more....except for the diet pill "incident." I also think KC is being a dick to Jenna about the pregnancy. I love that she announced it on TV and that KC's mom found out that way. It's nice that his mom is being supportive. I'm glad KC finally came around and is back together with Jenna. I'm also glad Jenna didn't steal Sav from Holly. That would have been really stupid. Jenna and KC's baby is so cute!
I love that they have a story arc featuring a trans character. My heart already hurts for how people are treating Adam, including his mother. I love that Clare and Eli are so accepting. I'm glad his mother is starting to come around, but I think it will be a slow process.
The whole "friendship" between the older woman and Connor was so gross and inappropriate. I'm glad he's done with her. I had a feeling she'd try to hit on him.
I don't like the "new" Degrassi and I hope Snake will see the error of his ways soon. I totally can't stand Drew and Adam's mom. She's such a Karen!
It sucks that Alli is going to a different school now, but I get why she had to make that decision for herself. I think Sav and Alli act out a lot because their parents are too strict. I get why they have some cultural expectations, but making all the rules only encourages Alli and Sav to sneak around and lie. I feel bad that Alli got tricked into holding a cigarette in front of her mom. I hope she gets Malika in trouble. I'm glad she ended up going back to Degrassi, even though it took her running away for her parents to finally loosen up a bit.
I think Clare should be relieved about her parents getting divorced since they fight all the time anyway. Also, why did they never bring Darcy back to the show? I thought the Africa thing was only six months?
I find Wesley to be really annoying, almost on par with Screech from Saved by the Bell. I get that he has feelings and all, but I just end up feeling sorry or embarrassed for him most of the time. Good for him on getting a girlfriend though.
I noticed that Peter and Leah were removed from the opening credits. I'm glad Zane was added as a regular though.
Sadie is cute and I am glad Dave was able to get over the height issue, as they could be a good couple.
It was fun to see Grace from Manifest on one of the episodes.
Holly was being stupid with neglecting her health to suit her type A personality. I'm glad the doctor lectured her about it.
So much happening in just one season. I feel like 44 episodes went by way too fast!
Stay tuned for my thoughts on seasons eleven and twelve....

No comments:
Post a Comment