Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Hey, It's Okay Tuesday

One of my favorite blogs, Airing My Laundry, does a post every week that was inspired by a section of Glamour magazine. She invites her followers to do their own posts like this. I enjoy doing this a every so often, so I thought it's time for another list. Since I don't do this weekly, my list will be long.

It's okay...

*To be supportive of Israel.
I've been invited to some private online parties to show support for Israel in a safe environment. I've invited lots of people to attend and some people, for an unknown reason, declined the invitation. It's an online party so you can participate in your pajamas! What is really perplexing is that the people who declined are Jewish! I hope it was just a misunderstanding on their end. I do appreciate the support of my non-Jewish friends who are taking the time to read the articles I post and understand Israel's side of things.
Tomorrow: wear blue and white and post photos of yourself on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #isupportisrael.

*To not do much for Halloween...other than get your kids costumes so they can participate at school.
We haven't gone trick-or-treating in ages. One year, we did it at the mall, which was fun but got kind of chaotic after a while. That was the last year we did it and was when I was still pregnant with my youngest. I offered my oldest an opportunity to trick-or-treat the following year, and he decided he wasn't comfortable doing so. No one in our neighborhood does it anyway. We get all our treats (and give them in return) on Purim. And we dress up then too!



*To not want to cook much.
It takes an extra effort for me to cook anything these days. I was spoiled this past year when my husband was job searching and home to have dinner ready every day. (Plus, he made lots of extras from his catering side-business that I got to enjoy later on.) I also am letting my older son cook more, and he's getting good at it!

*To be almost caught up on Parenthood. Started season five recently and then have one more to go.

*To be totally behind on The Big Bang Theory. I will catch up. I promise!

*To be fully caught up on Modern Family. Finally! Still loving it!

*To be a book hoarder. My husband keeps telling me to donate books. I've given a lot away already, but my collection still manages to grow. I hang on to books I have yet to read thinking that I will eventually read them.

*To rarely ever argue with your spouse or significant other.
My husband and I were recently talking about this. It's nice to know that we don't argue all that much and when we do, we're able to talk things out and resolve them. (Sharing a sense of humor helps too.)

*To not know much about whip and nae nae and not really care either.

*To be pleased when the lady at the restaurant praises my older son just for being the nice kid he is.

*To not feel bad about working from home on a day when school is closed last minute. 
I spent some time with my kids too.

*To be annoyed when people who are friendly in person can't seem to accept your friend request on Facebook. 

*To still not have a handle on my abundance of e-mail.

*To finally get a haircut after waiting a month past when I would usually go.
I get haircuts every three months, but this time I went four months since my last visit to the stylist. She told me she missed me. :)


4 comments:

Samantha said...

Haircut looks great!!
Yep me and Military Husband barely ever argue. It's nice!!

Sara said...

Great haircut! :)
I'm with you on the cooking. I love my crock pot! Just throw stuff in there, let it cook all day so I don't have to fuss with it at night.

Anonymous said...

Hello gorgeous!

Janine said...

Your hair looks great. I usually don't get mine cut until it starts getting way out of control or I can't stand how dark it is and need it colored (which is about 4 or 5 months at times, I have been known to go 6 months too).