This week's storyteller is another frequent visitor to Chick Lit Central. I love her enthusiasm for books and have enjoyed learning more about her through this project.
Side note: I am getting so close to my 52 story goal, but the months of November and December are still waiting for stories. If you would like to participate or know someone else who might be interested, please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks!
Name: Hailey Fish
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Pawcatuck, CT
The experience that is legendary is when I flew to Australia and lived there for three months with my older sister and her husband. It was legendary because it was the first time I've ever been out of the country by myself. It was awesome to spend time with just my sister and Paul. It was a chance for me to be independent.
My guilty pleasure is books and magazines. Even though magazines are ridiculously priced, I still want to buy one or two. I enjoy doing the celebrity crossword puzzles they have at the end. Even though I end up throwing them out, I just have to buy them. Whenever I go on vacation, I buy all the trashy ones like National Enquirer for example. Books are also a guilty pleasure because even though I can get the same books from the library, I get impatient because sometimes it's months before it's my turn.
The one thing I've never done but would love to do is learn how to drive. It would be so much easier on my parents if I had my license and my own vehicle to get where I need to go. It's also a sign of independence because then I'd be careful about driving and I'd pay for my own car insurance. It's just the matter of time to actually sit down, read the manual and then take the permit test and then actually learn how to drive.
One gift I'd love to give to someone that is a favorite of mine would be my love of books. It makes me sad when I hear that some people don't like to read. What's not to love? You get drawn into a world not your own, meet characters that you feel as if you've known forever. I wouldn't be the woman I was if it weren't for reading. For every book you read, you get to visit a different world. I think the more people who read, the better off we all are.
How I've changed someone's life: I honestly think just being me, a sweet, kind-hearted, compassionate woman who would do anything for anyone. Even if I get hurt, I make sure everyone I come across is taken care of. I would say my best friend Allie because I've stuck by her side when not even her own family did. I was there for her through our entire six-year friendship.
The one part of my personality I think is extinct would probably be the feeling of being afraid to do things. Growing up, I was always afraid to do things because I thought people would laugh at me and say I can't or I shouldn't. I'm a lot more confident in myself ever since I kicked my ex-fiancé to the curb. I'm so much happier with myself and know I deserve a man who will support me through the good and bad, not bring me down for things I have no control over.
The one thing I find funny is when I say something funny that makes my close family and friends laugh.
The one thing I love about myself is that I'm such a good person.
I don't think there is a tv show or movie that is most like my life.
Something not many people know about me: I'm on the high-functioning side of autism. You never notice until you get to know me because some things I do, other people might not do. I'm very obsessed with reading and I never like to get rid of books even of I don't read them anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment