As for right now, it's the three of us...Froggie, Moma Rock and myself. We may have someone else join us in the future, but for now we're just going to write to our hearts' content.
This week, Moma Rock chose the topic: What are your thoughts on the government shutdown?
Before reading ahead, first see what Froggie and Moma Rock had to say on this topic.
My subject line is from an episode of Friends where Monica is playing foosball and kicking butt. However, she gets the terminology wrong and the guys yell "Shutout!" after she delivers this line. I think of it every time I hear the word "shutdown," which is often lately, and not because I'm turning off my computer.
Given the political climate online, I have decided to decline from sharing my thoughts on this situation. I have thoughts and opinions, but I'm also confused as to what is going on and things change from day to day. So sharing my opinion would mean something uninformed that is possibly going to piss someone off. Not worth the agony. I learned my lesson about sticking my hand close to the flame when I posted about the election results on my Facebook page. I think someone defriended me too. Just know that I agree with a lot of what has been said in regards to the shutdown and leave it at that. I know a lot of people close to home whose lives are being affected as a result of this shutdown and I don't want to even pretend to understand how they're feeling or somehow upset them because I got the facts wrong and just went spouting off on my little soapbox.
However, I will share some fun and crazy stuff I've come across since this shutdown started:
Ferris Bueller explains the government shutdown
20 Awesomest Government Shutdown memes
Student government shutdown (posted 2 1/2 years ago on CollegeHumor)
Political cartoons about the shutdown
An article in support of Washington DC as a city
A video that made me think of my Apple addict BFF...very clever!
A parody of "We Can't Stop" by Miley Cyrus from Saturday Night Live
Something crazy in the works
Funny picture from a couple forced to reschedule their wedding due to the shutdown
Moma Rock and Froggie will NOT be pleased by this!
Five crazy side effects from the shutdown
Lawnmower man
Thursday, October 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The Ferris spoof made me laugh!!! I'm going to have to use that! LOL!!!!
Post a Comment