Tuesday, December 29, 2015

List-a-Mania 2015

I've decided to take inventory of some past lists I've made, and also wanted to include some new lists. I did this last year, as well. However, this year my favorite blog posts will be in a separate post.

This list was taken from a post about my [not-so] laminated top five list (this time Matt Lanter came off the list. I just haven't seen him on TV in a while.)

1. Chris Messina: Even though his character is not being so nice on The Mindy Project this season, I have a feeling he will redeem himself because they can't ruin him for me. They just CAN'T!
2. Jeremy Jordan:  He was amazing in The Last Five Years and still makes my heart skip a beat.
3. Justin Baldoni: He's still the one to watch on Jane the Virgin.
4. Michiel Huisman: He's sexy on Orphan Black, and even sexier in The Age of Adaline.
5. Jamie Cullum: I think it's his Harry Connick Jr. appeal (speaking of....I also think HCJ is sexy). He has such an amazing voice that it just sends tingles down my spine. He could seduce me just by singing!
    Luke Bryan still has an honorable mention.

    My celebrity bucket list is the same as from last year. Lin-Manuel Miranda gets moved to the top because of Hamilton though.
    Top Five Favorite Movies that I saw in 2015 (some might be from previous years). 
    This is in no particular order and I didn't see enough movies that I truly loved this year.

    1. Inside Out
    2. Cinderella
    3. The Age of Adaline
    4. The Longest Ride
    5. This is Where I Leave You

    UPDATE (12/31/15): I accidentally left off The Last Five Years. What is wrong with me?!?

    Top Ten Favorite Books I read in 2015. (Some may be from previous years.)
    I've shared my top five chick lit favorites on Chick Lit Central (as Melissa A). There are some other Chick Lit reads on this list, as I limit my other list to just five and still want to mention some others. So hard to choose, in either case!

    1. Hello? by Liza Wiemer
    2. The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street by Susan Jane Gilman
    3. Stir by Jessica Fechtor
    4. The Status of All Things by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke
    5. The Secrets of Midwives by Sally Hepworth
    6. Wishful Thinking by Kamy Wicoff
    7. Center of Gravity by Laura McNeill
    8. Sweet Forgiveness by Lori Nelson Spielman
    9. Henna House by Nomi Eve
    10. The Flood Girls by Richard Fifield

    My favorite TV shows that I saw in 2015:

    1. Orphan Black*: As I said last year, I'm OBsessed!
    2. The Mindy Project: So glad Hulu saved it from becoming extinct.
    3. Orange is the New Black*: I can't wait to see more in 2016! And Ruby Rose better be back!
    4. Modern Family: Consistently hilarious. I love it more and more every year.
    5. Jane the Virgin**: I am so glad my author friend Tracie Banister convinced me to watch it. Such a fun series. Reminds me of Ugly Betty.
    6. Younger: Such a fun series. So glad it will be back in mid-January.
    7. Parenthood: I spent the last six months of 2015 with the Bravermans and now I miss them so much!
    8. Hindsight**: Time travel + 90s pop culture = amazing show. Too bad VH1 didn't agree enough to continue it for a second season.
    9. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt**: Such a funny show. I can't wait for season two. If you like Arrested Development, you'll enjoy this one too.
    10. Odd Mom Out: A funny new series about being a mom on the Upper East Side, but easy to relate to anyway. Jill Kargman is a great writer and comedic actress.

    *Thoughts on season three.
    **Included in this post.

    I didn't include The Big Bang Theory only because I'm so far behind on it still.

    Quite a year... Stay tuned for my "good things" list later this week!

    5 comments:

    Samantha said...

    Man I need to make lists like this!! I had a lot of faves this year!

    Anonymous said...

    Awesome! Thanks, Melissa! I love all of your choices, but especially "Parenthood" and Michael Huisman. You have great taste! XOXO!

    AiringMyLaundry said...

    Cinderella was an awesome movie.

    Oh, and Jeremy Jordan is pretty awesome. Loved him on Smash. Great voice.

    Sara said...

    Two of your favorite shows have become two of my own- JTV, and Younger- because YOU recommended them! Thanks again, for that!

    He Said Books Or Me said...

    You have given me so many ideas for TV shows! Apparently we have similar taste! Here is to a Happy New Year! :)