Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Twenty-Five

I'm an avid follower of Airing My Dirty Laundry, and she recently did a post sharing 25 things about herself. I liked this idea so much, I decided to do it here too, but with a twist. I'm sharing 25 things about myself with links to blog posts that you may or may have not read over the past five years. I seem to have a blog post for any subject, so I want to see if that's really the case now.

1. I lived with four cats and a dog at one point in my life.

2. I wasn't always an observant Jew.

3. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a veterinarian when I grew up.

4. Even though I was on my high school's speech team, I am uncomfortable doing public speaking now.

5. My first job (aside from babysitting) was at my favorite Chinese restaurant.

6. My favorite sport is bowling. (A few weeks ago, I managed to surprise most of my co-workers who had no idea I knew how to bowl.)

7. I am a picky eater. I left off  bananas from the fruits and veggies list. I also won't eat blueberries unless they're baked into something, like cake, muffins, or pies.

8. I'm most like Belle from Beauty and the Beast and not only because we both love to read.

9. Jennifer Grey, before the plastic surgery, is my doppelganger.

10. I am responsible for two marriages. (One is indirect and the other is direct.)

11. I love to laugh... ha ha ha ha!

12. I am very much like my astrological sign, which is Cancer.

13. I've been through 40% of the US.

14. I'm much more awkward in person than I am online.

15. As one of my friends likes to put it, "the factory is closed."

16. I used to work with my husband's prom date

17. I still have a soft spot for the town where I grew up...Buffalo Grove, Illinois.

18. Long before I started a book blog, I had a fan club for V.C. Andrews.

19. I don't like to go shoe shopping and would be happiest if I only had one pair of comfortable shoes to wear for any occasion.

20. I'm fortunate to have a great relationship with my in-laws.

21. I lived in New Jersey for two-and-a-half years.

22. I was bullied a lot as a kid, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been since the Internet wasn't around yet. I started an anti-bullying page on Facebook where I share articles and videos on the topic.

23. I have a weird ability to remember years or even specific dates that things took place.

24. I was obsessed with "Rocky Horror" for quite some time and even let people call me Magenta.

25. I have a younger sister and we have a great relationship that I hope my kids will have with each other as they continue to grow.

3 comments:

Janine said...

I enjoyed learning more about you

Allie said...

Love this! Such a great list!

Sara said...

I like your astrological sign, too! (Mine is also cancer). Great post!